Member Introduction New to the forum? Stop in and introduce yourself! If you have a tech question, check out the General Technical Section

New guy with my FIRST caddy, and questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 06:15 AM
Default New guy with my FIRST caddy, and questions

Ok, I got a smokin deal on a GORGEOUS 85 Eldorado Touring Coupe w/ 62k miles on it. but it has some tlc needed, like the shift linkage adjustment. How do I do this? I have to move the shifter down and back up to get reverse and also down to D and back up to N for it to be inDrive.is the brake pedal supposed to be going so far down before it starts to stop? I was told by the previous owner who is extremely meticulous that he bought the car and purged all the brake fluid and replaced it but I wonder if the brake thing is characteristic of Cadillac or do I need tohave them bled?
I just got this car today and I am in LOVE. But, again some things that I need to do to make it better. I'm pretty handy with a wrench, but I know the Cadillac is a breed of her own. This one (as yet unnamed) has the HT 4100 engine in it.
any help would be appreciated.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:35 AM
Default RE: New guy with my FIRST caddy, and questions

Welcome to the Cadillac Forum!!!

Old 10-10-2007, 07:56 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: New guy with my FIRST caddy, and questions

Most of the time condition you discribe is caused by worn or missing bushings on shifter linkage underhood, one is round and the other is oblong and serviced separately. Try local dealer they may still be availible.Hope it helps