Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

Potential FNG with questions -Dont think my first attempt to post made it into the forum

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 09:16 PM
Default Potential FNG with questions -Dont think my first attempt to post made it into the forum

I am considering buying my dad's 2000 DeVille with 75K. To the best of my knowledge, the only repair to date was a fuel pressure regulator at aprox 30k. The car is a bone stock DeVille, sans moonroof, heated seats, or anything which did not come stock. As I mentioned before, the car has been trouble free. At this point, It needs shocks and struts, as well as a general service with tune-up, fluids change, coolant change, trans service and of course alignment after the shocks/struts.
Anyideas on oils/weights/change intervals/synthetic/non-synthetics?
Ideas as to best coolant (i've been considering BMW's coolant)?
Ideas as to synthetic v/s non-synthetic transmission fluid for the service?
Ideas for best spark plugs?
Finally, I can only findshocks/struts listings for Monroe and KYB; unfortunately Bilstein and Koni do notseem to list for this car. All ideas welcome.

Regards,

Will