Cadillac EXT The functionality of a pickup truck combined with the space of an SUV and the Cadillac luxury

Faulty door handles on 2007 Escalade

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by pontiacgdh
If you lived near Dallas/Ft Worth, I would replace them for you for half that. The parts cost about $70.00 each including tax and shipping.
I appreciate the offer pontiacgdh! I live in Atlanta. I tried to escalate the issue with customer service yesterday just to see if that helped. The supervisor would only give her first name and said the decision was final and the issue could not be escalated any further. She would not give me her contact information or her superior's information. Basically, the buck stops with her and I am on my own.

Poor of Cadillac/GM, especially since our tax dollars helped keep them afloat (even though I had no say in that matter).

Old 01-04-2013, 10:22 AM
Default How to open a Cadillac Escalade Door

I thought it was actually pretty funny to hear that Cadillac/GM attributes these doors breaking due to "kids pulling on them before the doors are unlocked". I heard this, too...but pointed out that 1.) The driver's door handle broke 2.) My kids are grown and out of house....

I was given instructions at the dealership on "How to open doors"....LOL. Here's how it works:

Use only 2 fingers instead of 4. This will prevent breakage by not pulling on the entire handle where the plastic breaks.

Make sure other people who are riding with you all know this BEFORE attempting to open door!!! Or maybe, OPEN THE DOORS FOR THEM!!

LOL!! For goodness sakes people!! It's a CADILLAC---Treat it gently!!!!

I'm going to also try standing on one foot....with my left eye closed.....

Last edited by texascaddymom; 01-04-2013 at 10:36 AM.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:36 AM
Default 2007 escalade door handle

So today I was looking up the door handle to my truck 2007 escalade. I read all the posts about others with the same problem. So I call the dealership in deland,fl the closest to my home. Well to my surprise they informed me that this forum doesn't exist and that the truck is mine and when am I going to take responsibility for my truck. I explained that the other people that posted on this forum the dealership was very nice and had fixed their problem. He said he would give me a price to fix it and that was that!! I must say I'm very disappointed. If any one could help I would appreciate it.

Old 01-21-2013, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Lilmisshair
So today I was looking up the door handle to my truck 2007 escalade. I read all the posts about others with the same problem. So I call the dealership in deland,fl the closest to my home. Well to my surprise they informed me that this forum doesn't exist and that the truck is mine and when am I going to take responsibility for my truck. I explained that the other people that posted on this forum the dealership was very nice and had fixed their problem. He said he would give me a price to fix it and that was that!! I must say I'm very disappointed. If any one could help I would appreciate it.
So today I had live chat with Cadillac the woman Brandi was on they other end. Well needless to say got no where she said I needed to call customer service. Why would I do that so again there would be nothing done!!! I'm honestly so disappointed that there are this many people with the same problem and yet some dealerships are very nice and have fix the problem, while other dealers will not. I just don't get it... But I can honestly say I will never buy another!! I have had cheaper cars that hold up better than this!

Old 01-22-2013, 12:01 PM
Default Cadillac/GM will not replace broken handles out of warranty

The truth--Customer Service has been telling people on this board they will help you if you have broken handles due to their "faulty parts". The REAL TRUTH is that one of the first questions you will be asked is "How many miles is on the vehicle". Don't let them waste your time. If you are fortunate to have purchased an extended warranty and it's STILL valid, you may have a chance. Otherwise, you will be at the mercy of whatever dealership you go to.

Good luck to anyone else who was disillusioned to think that Cadillac is a brand of QUALITY.

Old 01-29-2013, 09:19 AM
Default customer service worthless

customer service contacted me here and promised to contact my gf about her broken door handles, she emailed me and ask for all kinds of info, after I go to the trouble to round up and email back to her all the information she asked for, she never made any contact. how worthless can one customer service department be????? anyone that would buy a car from these people would have to be crazy

Old 01-29-2013, 09:21 AM
Default scam

scam scam can I say scam again
Originally Posted by Cadillac Customer Service
@jonparsons, please check your private message box as I’ll be sending you a letter of the additional details I’ll need to look into this for you.

Michelle, Cadillac Customer Service

Old 03-20-2013, 06:05 PM

Another broken door handle (passenger side rear) this makes a total of 6 broken door handles in the last 3 years. I have had cars for over 30 years and not one broken door handle ever until I purchased this vehicle. Cadillac should be ashamed at the lack of quality in these vehicles.

Old 03-23-2013, 05:13 PM
Default brooklyn real estate

Hi, guy definitely your sharing awesome, whatever, On of the good news for you. visit "brooklyn real estate" for many useful information about the
brooklyn real estate.

Old 03-28-2013, 08:56 AM

I have had my 2007 Escalade EXT for over 2 years and has justunder 50K miles. About 6 months back, afriend of mine went to open the back passenger side door and pulled the handleout. Since then I have just strayed from using that door however, it has gottenpulled out quite a bit since by unsuspecting passengers. Just last night my GFwhen to get in the passenger side and with all 120lbs of her pulled the doorhandle out. So now both handles on passenger side are out or unusable (justwedged back in place). I can’t keep pushing it of now that the passengershandle in out of order. I see some of the older posts where that the Caddydealerships were fixing this issue with weak door handles for no cost. I liveonly a few miles from Massey Cadillac here in Orlando (John Young Pwy) butpurchased it from Ed Morse in Tampa. If anybody has dealt with this problem ateither of these dealerships any contact help or how to go about it, that wouldbe appreciated.

Quick Reply: Faulty door handles on 2007 Escalade