Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/)
-   Cadillac EXT (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-ext-14/)
-   -   Faulty door handles on 2007 Escalade (https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/cadillac-ext-14/faulty-door-handles-2007-escalade-12479/)

chopperhopper 08-11-2011 10:39 AM

Faulty door handles on 2007 Escalade

I have a 2007 Escalade EXT and my driver side door handle just broke off! I took it to a Chevrolet dealer, close by, and they informed me that this is somewhat common and it would cost $300 to replace the handle. Upon inspection, one of the back handles was broken on one end. Has anyone else had this problem? I am going to call Cadillac and see what they have to say. This is my second Escalade ($67M) and the first one cost ($55M). My 2007 is out of warranty. If they tell me to pound sand, they will never sell another Cadillac to me!

Cadillac Customer Service 08-12-2011 02:07 PM

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your Escalade chopperhopper. Let me know what your case number is so I can look through it and make sure it's handled properly.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

chopperhopper 08-13-2011 09:46 AM

Escalade Ext door handle problem

I called my Cadillac dealer, Claude Nolan Cadillac of Jacksonville, and talked to the service manager. He was very professional, and said that this problem should not have occurred and that they would replace the handles at no charge. This is the kind of service that you should expect from a dealer, but it seldom happens. I took my EXT in on 8-12 and had the service completed in 45 minutes. I have been dealing with Claude Nolan Cadillac since 2002, and they have always treated me exceptionally well!

1queencobra 09-23-2011 12:15 PM

I have an '08 cadillac escalade and all FOUR of the door handles are broken. After checking to see how much the new door handle kits would cost me plus installation, I decided to contact the dealer I bought the truck from ( Premier Cadillac, St. Augustine, FL. ). They asked me when could I have the truck there for them to fix the problem as a customer courtesy with no charge to me. They are replacing all four door handles ! Although I did not expect such a positive response I was very pleased that they acknowledge that this should not happen to luxery vehicle and are willing to fix the problem expeditiously and at no charge.

Katzmans Caddy 09-24-2011 12:01 AM

These positive responses are indeed awesome. Not likely to get this response at a Chevy dealer, GMC might. I will point out however that the door handle breakage is so common on these vehicles ,Silverado, Sierra, Tahoe, Suburban, Yukon, Escalade that every dealer stocks these parts so they have them on hand. Tow truck drivers are snapping these things off like green beans daily. Be careful once repaired, the doors are very heavy and the rods that operate the lock tend to bend with usage requiring more force to open the door as time goes on. The handles are just pot metal and eventually fatigue and snap. Remember your truck is still a GMC/Chevy with a nice chrome grille and Cadillac emblems.

Cadillac Customer Service 09-27-2011 10:33 AM

Glad to hear you got everything fixed queencobra. Hopefully they continue their track record and you can enjoy your vehicle for a long time.

MJT 12-13-2011 04:36 PM

2007 door handels break off from

I just bought a 2007 Escalade Esv with only 38k miles and had the right door Handel broke off.
Local dealer told me it would be over $220 to fix. I have only owned it for 3 weeks, not the quality I expected of a Cadillac.

chopperhopper 12-14-2011 06:26 AM

Escalade Ext door handle problem

Contact Cadillac customer service and see if they will help you. They contacted me, after seeing my complaint on this website. However, my dealer had already corrected the problem, at no cost to me.

halldb10 01-03-2012 01:25 PM

Escalade Exterior Door Handle

My 2007 door handle broke a couple days ago also. I also own a 2009 STS and the drivers seat motor went on that. I had to pay to repair it and now the rear inset on the driver's seat is falling out. Paid too much for these vehicles for the cosmetics to be so frail.

jhg66 01-04-2012 09:19 AM

Hi - My 2007 I purchased brand new and it has only 55K miles on it and my left passenger side door handle has also broken.

Jeff anything you can do to assist me on this?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Cadillac Customer Service (Post 42817)
I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your Escalade chopperhopper. Let me know what your case number is so I can look through it and make sure it's handled properly.