Cadillac EXT The functionality of a pickup truck combined with the space of an SUV and the Cadillac luxury

Faulty door handles on 2007 Escalade

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 10:47 AM

I finally had my 6th broken door handle fixed and complained to Cadillac Customer Service by email about the lack of quality with these door handles on this vehicle. They stated they had not heard of that many broken door handle complaints so I told them check out www.cadillacforum.com if you can read and you will see 9 pages of complaints with some Cadillac Customer Service responses on this issue. Needless to say his response was that the Customer Service on this forum works for a different complaint department, I reminded him that they all work for Cadillac regardless of what department they are with. They said they would fix the problem if I paid 25%of the bill ($30.52 + tax) and GM would pick up 75% and that this would be the last time they would do this since the vehicle is out of warranty. I stated I did not like this agreement and that I thought it was a design flaw with these handles, but it is cheaper then fixing the door handles by myself. It’s time to get rid of this money pit before the whole vehicle falls apart.

Last edited by cruznc6; 04-17-2013 at 06:53 AM.
Old 05-19-2013, 04:10 PM
Default 2005 EXT Vibration

Originally Posted by Cadillac Customer Service
@jonparsons, please check your private message box as I’ll be sending you a letter of the additional details I’ll need to look into this for you.

Michelle, Cadillac Customer Service
This is off the topic but I have tried to find the approprite place to post this,with no luck,if there is a better place to post this so that everyone can benefit from it I'd appreciate it.
I own a 2005 Escalade EXT (It has run flawlessly for the past 3 years).About 3 weeks ago I noticed that the steering wheel had started to vibrate when accelerating (Not hard acceleration but just a slight increase in speed) while going up a grade (Slight or steep) between 45-60 MPH,less at the lower end of the speed range,it's more noticeable around the 50-60 MPH where the steering wheel vibration is visible and you can feel a slight shudder in the vehicle.I have jacked up the front end and checked for play side-to-side and in-and-out (like when you check the ball joints) everything was really tight.I did notice back lash when I rotated the wheel, about 1/8th a revolution maybe a little more.I've had the tires rotated and the balance checked,I've also had a front end alignment done,nothing was out of the ordinary.I also noticed that when going down a grade and I accelerate (Ever so slightly) that the front end makes a clunk sound,I think it is the system taking up slack somewhere in the fron end.I have a couple of more questions I'd like to bring up ,I'll post them individually,here.
Thanks for your time in advance.
Rob237

Old 05-28-2013, 08:05 AM

ALL motor companies will do that, not just Cadillac. A friend of mine in Orlando (I live in Deltona and take my 2002 Deville to the Cadillac dealer in Deland) has a Nissan Frontier, while his wife has a Honda Pilot. When he had a repair done on the cooling system, he found out it is a manufacturer defect. It's pretty widespread, but Nissan would not fix it since it's not under warranty. His wife's Pilot has 250000 trouble-free miles.

All you can do is suck it up and repair it, buy another year that does not have this issue, or you can buy another brand. The Escalade is the identical twin to the GMC Yukon Denali, so you could buy a Denali and get everything an Escalade has (except the $5000+ logo). Plus, cars lose value, trading it in for something else and losing tens-of-thousands-of-dollars is not unusual. And, like others have said, don't call Cadillac Customer Service, they'll only refer you to the nearest dealership.

TS

Old 06-07-2013, 07:49 AM
Default 2008 Door Handles broke

I have a 2008 Escalade and 3 of the 4 exterior door handles are broke (one to the point that it is about to fall off). Please advise as to getting this fixed. I have read some of the posts and a lot of owners have gotten theirs fixed free of charge. Obviously this is not a fluke seeing that I have 3 of mine broken and others are experiencing the same issue. I contacted my local cadillac dealer/service manager and am waiting for a call back. I would like to get this fixed before I have to start crawling in through the back. (the lift gate still works, no handle to pull on).

Old 06-17-2013, 09:12 AM
Default 2nd bad door handle on my 2008 Escalade

I had one door handle replaced under warranty a year ago now the second one is bad @ 63,000 miles on my 2008 Escalade. The quote was $185 to replace. Is Cadilac standing behind this problem? it seems to be a pretty frequent issue on GM and Cadilac models.

Old 06-18-2013, 07:51 PM
Default Don't waste time with GM or Cadillac

They haven't a clue about accountability or customer service.

If your vehicle is out of warranty and you aren't related to anyone at GM/Cadillac (who can give you a break)...try going to a body repair place and see what they will charge you. By the way, there are plenty of places OTHER than the Cadillac dealership who can do maintenance and repairs that are out of warranty Just saying I let them know that, too, when I left their shop to get my last handle fixed elsewhere.

Best advise....don't let them waste your time if you are out of warranty, go ELSEWHERE

Last edited by texascaddymom; 06-18-2013 at 07:54 PM.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:01 PM
RLA
Default Frustrated

I'm (somewhat) glad to see other people are having the same problems I am. On my 07 Cadillac Escalade both of the front door handles are broken. They haven't broken completely off yet, but the bolt that holds them into the door is broken off. I bought my Escalade in my hometown, and I have no plans on going back there anytime soon. There is not a Cadillac dealer where I live now, so I don't know what to do. I have taken my car to the Chevy dealer here in town, and EVERYTHING was way overpriced. This is very frustrating.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:58 AM
Default My Solution

Our family has owned a total of 5 Escalades over the years...a 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004, and the 2008. I have watched the price go up and the quality and service go DOWN on these vehicles. I have paid a lot more for GAS and INSURANCE too.

My solution-I just purchased a Lincoln MKX 2013 with everything on it. Would have been close to double the price if I had purchased the precious Cadillac. Dropped my insurance $780/yr, I get 19-26mpg...beautiful car, comfortable. LOVE IT. Smartest thing I have ever done...especially since when they release the new Escalade body style, those driving the older models can get ready for the value of theirs to DROP tremendously. I know, I watched it happen when the last body style happened.

Who needs Cadillac?

NOT ME-EVER AGAIN.

There are other options out there. Good luck to all

Last edited by texascaddymom; 07-12-2013 at 08:05 AM.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:24 PM
Angry Expensive cars cheaply made!

I have the same door problems, both front door handels are broken and pushed out-away from the SUV (2007 Escalade ESV). I called and spent about 30 mins on the phone with Cadillac customer service. End result it will cost me $300 per door handel to have it fixed. I have a 2003 Yukon and an older BMW neither of these cars have this problem and they are not the "Cadillac" of cars. What a rip off!

Old 08-16-2013, 04:04 PM
Default Upset

I have a 2007 Escalade with 75,000 miles. 3 weeks ago the drivers door handle broke and now last week the passenger rear door handle broke. It looks like I need to take stock and keep a couple in the car when traveling? Has anyone had any luck with GM?

Quick Reply: Faulty door handles on 2007 Escalade