Cadillac EXT The functionality of a pickup truck combined with the space of an SUV and the Cadillac luxury

Faulty door handles on 2007 Escalade

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Cadillac Customer Service
I apologize for your frustrations about this, texascaddymom. I also apologize that my multiple private messages have not been delivered to you as I have sent at least three of them requesting additional information to investigate your concerns with your Escalade. My offer still stands. If you would like me to research things on my end about your vehicle please send me an e-mail to michelle_renee@gmexpert.com.

The complaints on the this thread have been saved within the system which means many departments within General Motors and Cadillac can read them.

Michelle, Cadillac Customer Service
Michelle,

Can you help with my above post

Old 04-03-2013, 04:19 PM
Default 2008 faulty door lock and trim

I too have just experienced one of our handles break on the right rear door on our 70k plus escalade. I'm told by our dealer that it will cost me $210+ to replace! I think that is crazy based on the normal cadillac experience we receive. I am just out of original warranty but purchased the major guard offered through GM. I'm now told trim isn't covered! Not only should this be covered, as the reason I believe the door handle broke was the internal lock failed to open (faulty lock which is being replaced) so when I thought door was supposed to be unlocked it wasn't and as such the door handle have way! I don't expect this from cadillac. I'm hopeful they will do the right thing and replace it.
I also have some trim coming away (looks like faulty workmanship) on the center console by the rear AC controls! I'm told this will cost $280 to fix, despite me mentioning this before the warranty was originally expired! I'm waiting to hear back from my dealer!!!!!

Old 04-04-2013, 07:07 AM
Angry Dont expect any help from GM or Cadillac

Michelle, Cadillac Customer Service is just blown smoke, she will not get you any help for this problem, will put you through looking for and sending her all kinds of information, only to not even reply after receiving the information.

GM AND CADILLAC ARE A TEAM OF SCAMMERS get you to buy their junk and stick you with the problems. Been a GM person for all my 55 years, own 5 of them right now, but will NEVER buy another new one. Have a friend who has probably owned 200-300 of them in his lifetime and has also swore off and is now buying Fords, ouch, that's hard to say that word......................

Old 04-04-2013, 02:03 PM

I am also getting rid of my Escalade and Corvette. I can’t trust them to get me and my familyfrom point A to point B without something breaking. Thought I was buying a quality product withCadillac but was I fooled, had better luck with my other vehicles over the past 35+ years. Looks as if Cadillac Customer Service is nonexistentfrom this forum, just a lot of hot air on their part I guess.

Old 04-05-2013, 10:06 PM
Default No Such thing as Cadillac Customer Service

NON-EXISTENT...don't waste your time!!!

Your only saving grace is to find a dealership that will try to help you, or you have some kind of existing warranty. Don't be fooled into believing they will actually email you/call you back with good news that they are "taking care of this problem for you".

I am driving my 3rd and LAST Escalade. My family has had a long history of owning Cadillacs (5 in my immediate family)....very sad to see such a prestigious brand go down the tubes. I think in the long run, they will realize they are not really saving money by not resolving this if they are LOSING customers. I don't look for it to happen anytime soon though. ARROGANT CEOs!!!

Good luck to all

Last edited by texascaddymom; 04-05-2013 at 10:09 PM.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:21 PM
Default Warranties are not treated same at ALL dealerships

Originally Posted by Siw2002
I too have just experienced one of our handles break on the right rear door on our 70k plus escalade. I'm told by our dealer that it will cost me $210+ to replace! I think that is crazy based on the normal cadillac experience we receive. I am just out of original warranty but purchased the major guard offered through GM. I'm now told trim isn't covered! Not only should this be covered, as the reason I believe the door handle broke was the internal lock failed to open (faulty lock which is being replaced) so when I thought door was supposed to be unlocked it wasn't and as such the door handle have way! I don't expect this from cadillac. I'm hopeful they will do the right thing and replace it.
I also have some trim coming away (looks like faulty workmanship) on the center console by the rear AC controls! I'm told this will cost $280 to fix, despite me mentioning this before the warranty was originally expired! I'm waiting to hear back from my dealer!!!!!

I also had an extended warranty, but it was a 3rd party one offered by dealership. It actually covered the broken handle...but the first dealership (closest to me, the one I've gone to for over 10 years)..would NOT cover it under this warranty. However, the dealership I purchased vehicle from did! So, lesson learned, not all dealerships are the same.

Good luck to you

Old 04-06-2013, 10:10 AM

Faulty Door Handle!!! This is my second Escalade I have owned. I have a 2007 Escalade ESV with 48,000 miles on it. We were putting our kids in the car this morning and when I opened the passenger rear door the handle broke. Upon further inspection this is held by plastic!!!! A vehicle that costs this much and the door handle is held on with plastic. I have seen posts all over the place and this seems to be a major issue with no recalls because this is not a safety issue. They want $300 to fix 1 Door handle!!!! This is crazy because I'm sure the other handles are going to break any day now. I called Cadillac Customer service and they were nice but they said I have to go to the dealership and pay a diagnostic fee to assess the problem before they will try and negotiate or help with the price. I think this is crazy because you can clearly see the door handle broke where it is held by plastic and why would I pay for a diagnostic fee? Why is there such a process to get something fixed when this is clearly a defective issue? I love my Cadillac but I don't understand why a common defect isn't fixed at no cost to the owner. ANy suggestions from anyone?

Old 04-07-2013, 02:08 PM
Default Advice for getting handles replaced

1. Don't bother with Customer Service. They will NOT help you, though they WILL lead you to believe they are going to and will only waste your time.

2. IF the vehicle is still under "factory warranty", then and ONLY then will a dealership cover it. IF you have an "extended warranty", depending on whether it is a "GM warranty" or other "third party warranty"...you may get lucky. I've heard GM will not cover it as it is a "trim item" though my third party warranty company covered it differently (not as trim). Don't let them tell you that "Cadillac Customer Service may be able to help you". It's ultimately the dealership who makes the decision on how much to rape the customer for these faulty handles.

3. Go back to dealership where car was purchased and see what they will do. IF they don't give you a reasonable solution, try another dealership.

4. Find out what the actual part costs. Keep in mind that the part is "defective" and GM has not resolved this YET...to my knowledge. I do know there are other "aftermarket parts" out there and some will tell you they aren't as good--HA! Does that possibly mean they are...uh...BETTER??
Also find out how long it takes to replace them and make sure they are charging the right labor rate.

5. Try going to a collision repair shop to see what they will charge. Ours was very familiar with this problem as they are not just happening on Escalades. I was told they are "pretty easy to replace".

Since I have not had to pay for one (yet)...I plan to do #3, #4, and #5 since now my "extended warranty" on my 2008 is out. Lucky for me, the 4 that broke under warranty/extended warranty were covered. In the meantime, I'm only pulling the handles on the back part of the handle to open so that I don't BREAK (GOD FORBID) these "special" handles

Cadillac. A symbol of quality
Good luck

Last edited by texascaddymom; 04-07-2013 at 02:19 PM.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:44 PM
Default 2007 Escalade door handle

I just wanted to shout out my update!!!!! I called an auto body shop they are fixing the door handle for 65.00. I'm so happy . But what I'm wondering is why the dealership in Deland, Fla wants 250.00 to fix the same problem???

Old 04-16-2013, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by Lilmisshair
I just wanted to shout out my update!!!!! I called an auto body shop they are fixing the door handle for 65.00. I'm so happy . But what I'm wondering is why the dealership in Deland, Fla wants 250.00 to fix the same problem???
Is auto body shop close to Orlando?

Thanks

Quick Reply: Faulty door handles on 2007 Escalade