Cadillac EXT The functionality of a pickup truck combined with the space of an SUV and the Cadillac luxury

Faulty door handles on 2007 Escalade

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 03:00 PM

@texascaddymom, I apologize, but since I’m not a technician at the dealership, I’m not able to provide information from this type of do***ent as this is for our technicians.

Michelle, Cadillac Customer Service

Old 12-11-2012, 08:41 PM

My girlfriend has an 07 Escalade, she bought new with sticker of around $75k, both front door handles are broken, she takes very good care of this vehicle, seems handles are very weak. Dealer will not help her with this, told her $100 each for parts plus labor. Can you help????

Old 12-12-2012, 10:16 AM

@jonparsons, please check your private message box as I’ll be sending you a letter of the additional details I’ll need to look into this for you.

Michelle, Cadillac Customer Service

Old 12-13-2012, 07:10 AM
Default your reply

I cant find anything from you in a private box anywhere, can you send directly to my email at lakeannava(at)msn.com

Old 12-18-2012, 12:42 PM

still haven't heard from you, please send to my email.... lakeannava@msn.com

Old 12-29-2012, 09:28 AM

My passenger front door handle recently broke on my 2007 EXT. Didn't think to check the boards, so I ordered the part online to replace it myself. The cost for the part is $53.16. Add on tax and shipping, and it is $69.41.

Had I walked up to the parts counter, the part would have been $73.84 plus taxes.

When the part arrives, it will take me about 40 minutes to replace. If I break another one, I will contact my dealer (which I pprobably should have done on this one).

Old 01-01-2013, 01:55 PM
Cool

I have an 07 ESV. Here is what happens. when the kids try to open the door while it is still locked, because i didn't get it unlocked quick enough, they pull on the handle which is still locked, and because the design defect, you must pull at the back of the handle not the middle or front, the small plastic part that the screw goes into at the front of the handle which holds the handle to the door can not take all the forced preasure on it simply breaks. If you'll notice the handles always break at the front and not the back of the handle. These parts should be metal and not plastic. I have personally replaced two on my vehicle and am getting ready to replace on on my friends 08'. It's aquick easy job, 30 minutes,and the part you can get on Ebay for $30 free shipping.It'snot totally GM'sfault. They don't design or make the part, they outsource this to another company which is somewhere in OH, MI, IN, TN or even Mexico or Canada. I know this because I drove a truck for 22 years and have picked up and delivered hundreds of loads for the automotive industry for most all manufacturers. Either way the company that manufactures the part is responsible for the defective engineering and manufacturing and GM is responsible for not holding them accountable and correcting this problem. Now my Dashboard by the glass is also crackedand the same holds true, it's outsourced.All the parts are!! It's a long chain of command which needs fixing.It start with dealing with the outsource companies that GM uses to manufacture their parts, but they won't tell you all consumers this so there you go, Merry Chritmas.

Old 01-02-2013, 01:32 PM
Default Cadillac needs to issue a recall

I am very surprised from what I see online and hear from my dealership on how common this issue is among GM SUVs. I have a 2007 Escalade and the front passenger side door handle broke last summer. I had it replaced for roughy $300. Now the Driver's door and left rear passenger side door handles broke. I contacted the dealership and they said to call Cadillac customer support. I do so and they just got back to me today saying that since I am over 100k miles that they will not cover and I am basically on my own. I asked to speak to a supervisor. She said they are not able to get one on, but will schedule one to call me tomorrow.

This is very poor of Cadillac to set a limit at 100k miles. These are door handles that are defective and should be recalled. Now I am going to be out over $600 just to fix their faulty issue...

Old 01-03-2013, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by caltobybear
Now I am going to be out over $600 just to fix their faulty issue...
If you lived near Dallas/Ft Worth, I would replace them for you for half that. The parts cost about $70.00 each including tax and shipping.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:23 PM
Default Cadillac Escalade Handles Breaking

What a disappointment Cadillac is. Really. I wouldn't waste my time attempting to contact their "customer service" regarding these handles. You will get NO WHERE. If you are lucky enough to find a dealership that will work with you, that's one thing. Cadillac/GM is only passing the buck to them and the consumer. NO ACCOUNTABILITY WHATSOEVER. Good luck to anyone out there who is out of the "standard warranty"...GM is doing the CELEBRATION DANCE when they hear this as they know they don't have to be accountable.

Pitiful, pitiful.....

No more Cadillacs/GM for my family. Period

Last edited by texascaddymom; 01-03-2013 at 01:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Faulty door handles on 2007 Escalade