Cadillac EXT The functionality of a pickup truck combined with the space of an SUV and the Cadillac luxury

Faulty door handles on 2007 Escalade

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 07:54 PM
Wink Why not a "recall"?

I couldn't agree more with some of these posts. I am very disappointed...to be polite, that Cadillac is not taking care of their customers. I am from Fort Worth, TX where people are very fond of their big SUVs...especially Cadillacs. I also believe strongly that "good customer service is what will make or break you in the end". This may be "the end"...at least for me and driving a Cadillac. I guess we will see if the customer service reps have anything left to say about all of this after reading these posts. Most likely NO. They know they are doing wrong treating their "customers" this way PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

As far as a "recall". It's my understanding it has to be a "Safety issue" for this to happen. I could argue this with a few good reasons why it's not "safe" to have door handles that break, but it would be pointless if the people putting these things on are more concerned about what it will cost them NOW and not what it will potentially cost them LATER by pissing off so many customers.

Good luck to all the people out there (like me) who have been taken advantage of by the Super Luxurious and Elite "CADILLAC".....

Old 09-28-2012, 10:36 PM
Default plastic door handles on the ESV?!? Really?!?

drivers side door handle just broke today on our 2007 esv. I'll call the dealer tomorrow and let everyone know how my Virginia based dealer handles this....

Any advice in regards to speaking with our dealer would be appreciated!

Old 09-29-2012, 09:00 AM
Default Broken Escalade Handle

Sure looks to me like the "Customer Service Rep" has disappeared on here. I guess they slipped out the back door when it appeared they were really trying to pass the buck on to the customer after putting junk parts on our vehicles.

Anyone know who makes the part? Where is it made??

Part numbers? Assuming each handle has a different one. Guess I need to look at my previous invoices showing the 3 which were replaced under the fabulous 50,000 mile warranty. Sorry if I seem ungrateful here that these JUNK PARTS are covered under that "limited" warranty.

Last edited by texascaddymom; 09-30-2012 at 11:41 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:47 AM

After emailing michelle at her email address, I was contacted by Cadillac customer service rep Ben which took my info and I have new door handles on my ESV . Cost to me 50$ out of my pocket which i had no problem paying.

Old 09-30-2012, 04:41 PM

Really????

Wow. I guess some people will go along with that; like sheep to be slaughtered. I can afford $50, obviously-I drive an ESCALADE. But why should I? It's the principle of the matter (for one) and secondly, is this part "new"? When will it happen again?

Cadillac, you need to step it up. This is NOT fixing the problem by making the CUSTOMER eat this cost.

FIX IT

Last edited by texascaddymom; 09-30-2012 at 11:39 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:50 AM

What it boils down to in my book is knowing when to cut my losses while I'm still ahead. 50$ is a drop in the bucket compared to buying them outright and dealing with the hassle of installing them. I understand how folks are upset about a plastic door handle, heck try dealing with a cracked radiator in our hummer at 54k miles! Both times GM stepped up and took care of me to a level "I" felt was acceptable to ME.

I would say good luck to everyone out there looking for a recall or free replacement... Most cars/trucks made today have 80% plastic parts and will fail sometime during ownership. You cannot expect the dealerships to replace said parts after the warranties expired can you?

Old 10-01-2012, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by GMIndustries
After emailing michelle at her email address, I was contacted by Cadillac customer service rep Ben which took my info and I have new door handles on my ESV . Cost to me 50$ out of my pocket which i had no problem paying.
@GMIndustries, I'm glad Ben was able to get this taken care of for you. I hope the dealership explained about the 12 month or 12,000 mile warranty on the parts and labor. If they didn't, I recommend contacting them to discuss this.

Michelle, Cadillac Customer Service

Old 10-05-2012, 10:27 AM

"Cutting losses"

It appears to me the only one who is "cutting their losses" here is GM/CADILLAC. Amazing they would insist on the customer paying ANY of this cost if they are willing to admit there is a problem..no?

At any rate, how nice that the customer service rep jumped on here to commend the dealership who is more than willing take a few more dollars for this mistake of THEIRS. Even more amazing they will be replacing these handles with ones that have NOT been improved....

Done with Cadillac. And now with my 4 year extended warranty about to expire next month, rest assured I won't be on THEIR LOT looking for my next vehicle!

Cadillac, you are no longer the brand I remember.

Last edited by texascaddymom; 10-09-2012 at 10:12 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:24 PM
Default 2007 Cadillac Escalade

Well after about two months of fighting with Cadillac they NOW tell me my door handle is covered under the "certified pre-owned" warranty. The dealer I took it to, Dick Genthe Chevrolet was excellent! The service consultant Mike Leidner was great and got the job done immediately. They even picked up the car from my home and dropped it back off. I will return to Dick Genthe again! As far as buying another Cadillac, not so sure. I believe the ONLY reason I got this covered is because I believe in fighting for what I think is right, I would not go away. I wish you all the best of luck, keep fighting the fight, this is not acceptable. On a side note, I am now finding out that my 2007 Escalade also has a battery issue. On four occasions my wife went out to take the kids to school and the battery was dead. Looking online it sounds like the 2007's have an issue with the Starter Cable, anyone else have this issue?

Thank you for your posts everyone, they are very helpful!:

Old 10-16-2012, 10:27 AM
Default Broken door handles

I have a 2007 Escalade with 53k miles and have replaced two door handles last year, the third broke the other day. I am tired of having to pay to get this repaired, again. My wife said, look at the birght side, after this you only have one more door to go. I am dreading going through this again. With all the problems these vehicles have with this, you would think they would not charge $300.00 to fix them.

Quick Reply: Faulty door handles on 2007 Escalade