Cadillac EXT The functionality of a pickup truck combined with the space of an SUV and the Cadillac luxury

Faulty door handles on 2007 Escalade

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 10:04 AM

Well, I contacted my cadillac dealership, and they told me that it was not covered and they had only seen a few. But I have seen a lot of post about broken handles. Seems to be a recurring problem from all the websites I have looked at. Kinda disappointed that they wouldn't fix, oh well I guess I will go to my trusted and true friend Ebay.

Old 09-02-2012, 01:07 PM

I too have a broken passenger front door handle on my 2007 Escalade. Is there any dealerships within 50 miles of zip 48732 that will replace it for free? Very disappointed in the quality of these handles. Thanks in advance

Old 09-04-2012, 12:44 PM

bradinjapan, did you notice your concerns happening before the new vehicle Bumper to Bumper limited warranty had expired? If so, did you have it into the dealership prior to the Bumper to Bumper limited warranty ended?

This would be something that should have been covered under the base or Bumper to Bumper limited warranty.

Michelle, Cadillac Customer Service

Old 09-22-2012, 11:37 AM
Unhappy 2007 Cadillac Escalade

We bought a used 2007 Escalade with on 28,000 miles on it. It has been a great car with every bell and whistle available. We still only have 49,000 miles on the vehicle and we are very pleased with one exception. The rear passenger side door handle is busted. It is not as if we abused the handle it just came apart at the front of the handle. After seeing all of these posts it is clear that Cadillac has an issue with this product/part. This should be a recall item. I called Hummer Service and they told me it is not covered under the "certified pre-owned" warranty, which they sold me on. But it does cover the EXT and ESV models...this is crazy, they are all the same handle. I chose to buy this vehicle as opposed to leasing a 2011 for the same payment with the understanding I would still get great service. I also bought a 2009 Hummer, which has been great. I am just extremely disappointed with the service of Cadillac on this one. Now I just feel like this is a nickel and dime issue with Cadillac. Love the company but really upset with the service. Any similar complaints?

Old 09-24-2012, 11:30 AM
Default Broken Caddy Handles

I own a 2008 Escalade. My previous Escalades (2000 and 2003) did not have this issue with the handles. My 50,000 "bumper to bumper warranty" is now out (I have less than 60,000)...but my 4th handle has now broken. Lucky me. Dealership who does repairs is not the dealership who sold me vehicle. They say it would be "$50 or $100 deductible, Customer Goodwill". Goodwill? For what?? Me not screaming and throwing a fit that Cadillac won't repair a DEFECTIVE PART???

If I have to pay a penny, rest assured, Cadillac will not receive another penny from me when I buy my NEXT vehicle.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:43 AM
Default Cadillac owners picking up the tab?

Just wondering...

What is Cadillac thinking by not replacing the DEFECTIVE PART with something that won't break? I can only assume they either:

1. Think we can afford to replace it (after warranty)

2. Are trying to make a few extra bucks

Sure seems a little twisted to me. I was under the impression Cadillac would stand behind what they build.

Old 09-24-2012, 02:46 PM

I just got back from Stewart Cadillac in Houston and wow they didn't even want to discuss the door handle problem. I was told right off the bat to buy new ones period. I guess it's time to find another dealership to deal with.. Michelle any help??

Old 09-25-2012, 07:40 AM
Default Technical Bulletin

TECHNICAL*

Bulletin No.: 09-08-64-032

Date: September 25, 2009

Subject: Chrome Outside Door Handle Loose/Cracked at Attachment Screw (Replace Handle)

Models:*
2007-2008 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT
2007-2008 Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe
2007-2008 GMC Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL, Yukon Denali, Yukon Denali XL

Condition*

Some customers may comment that a chrome outside door handle is loose or cracked in the area of the attachment screws.

Cause*

This condition may be caused by grease used on the attachment screws during the assembly process, which can migrate into the handle screw bosses and cause degradation. Another contributing factor to this condition is that the initial assembly torque of the attachment screws was too high, which may have helped initiate cracks in the screw bosses.

Correction*

Important*
When replacing a chrome outside door handle for this condition, be sure to address the following: - Ensure that the attachment screws are free from grease before installing the new handle. Clean the screws with Kent Automotive Acrysol(TM), or an equivalent grease removing body solvent.*
- Torque the screws to 6 Nm (53 lb-in).*

Replace the affected chrome outside door handle. Refer to Front Side Door Outside Handle Replacement, Rear Side Door Outside Handle Replacement, or Rear Side Door Outside Handle Replacement (Crew Cab) in SI.

Parts Information*

Acrysol(TM) is available from Kent Automotive at 1-888-YES-KENT or online at*Kent Automotive.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:15 AM
Default Faulty Handles

I love how Gm Acknowledges there is a problem in build quality with the door handle but decides not to do anything about it.We all bailed out such a high quality company. Cadillacs build quality is horrible I will not buy another I'll just step up to a GL class mercedes.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:22 PM
Default Never buy a cadillac again

THIS IS TOTAL BS. It should be a factory recall on a defective part. They purposely make all the parts on the escalade out of cheap plastic instead of steel like on the yukon (which is basically exactly the same) oh and if you dont know cadillac is made by chevy so why get an escalade, you pay double and you get worse quality and service. It is a total scam how the door handles break over and over. This car is only 4 years old and has already been replaced twice. You think they are doing you a favor for replacing it the first time but when your warranty is up 2 years later it will break again.. and 2 years after that again and again..

Quick Reply: Faulty door handles on 2007 Escalade