Member Introduction New to the forum? Stop in and introduce yourself! If you have a tech question, check out the General Technical Section

Soon to be CTS-V owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 11:38 PM
Default Soon to be CTS-V owner

Just want to introduce myself to the forum. I'm looking to purchase the 09 CTS-V as soon as all the standard and options prices have been set in stone. I'm going to order it without the NAV and Sunroof, beingthat i hardly ever use them on the car i have now. I understand that polished wheels are on hold, so i will be looking at photos of a lot of CTS cars with after market wheels.
Cecil..........

Old 11-07-2008, 11:48 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Soon to be CTS-V owner

I think if I was you I'd buy one from dealer stock as soon as I could. With GM predicting they will be out of cash by Q2 2009 forget placing an order, you may never see it. Even if you buy one who will do any warranty work ? Oh ya.... no company no warranty. Make sure you bargin hard what with the pending collapse of GM why pay more than you have to. I wouldn'tlet all the bad news stop you from buying one though, very nice car.

Old 11-11-2008, 12:06 AM

I'm starting to think the very same thing. Might as well get a few extra's that i don't care about and at least get the car instead of nothing. Cecil........

Old 11-11-2008, 07:37 AM
Super Moderator

Latest report I heard to day is that GM may carve off most of it's brands and employees and emerge with Chevrolet Buick Cadillac only. Makes sense to me, Value (+trucks) Premium (+ Chinese love it) Luxury, seems to cover it off and stops competition among self. I mean Pontiac is redundant when compared to Chevrolet. I do like Saturn though and always figured GMC was the Truck Divisionresponsible for Chevy and Cadillac trucks but something has to be done.