Member Introduction New to the forum? Stop in and introduce yourself! If you have a tech question, check out the General Technical Section

A Cadillac Just found ME, Hello :)

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 09:21 PM
Default A Cadillac Just found ME, Hello :)

It all happened last week when i was on craigslist looking for a 4wd truck to replace my toyota that i sold before it expired......... there it was, a classified that simply said "A classic Car"......... so i clicked it, and saw something that i wasnt expecting, its description was "1958 Cadillac Coupe, 2 owner, 147Kmiles, original, needs paint.

I sent off the E mail, and bought it after taking a ride in it...... i didnt drive it, as it has brake issues, that soon became NO brakes..... that didnt deture me as the seller said he would deliver LOL.

So now it sits in my yard, as i clear out space for it in my shop to begin work on it..... its 19 foot length just wont fit unless i move my paint booth around for it !!!!!!!!

I hope and am looking now for resources on parts, and a tech manual for it if they exist...... so many buttons and gizmos that i have NEVER seen in a car before ( i am 36) and some stuff under the hood that i am unsure of too, such as va***e line routes, wiring diagrams, and where the heater hoses attach to !!

My first job will be to get it back on the road safely, then cosmetics....... I dont even know what model it is yet, as it has no special badges designating it as a deville, series 62 or anything, and a NADA classic car vin search said i didnt have enough numbers for a vin, title just says Cad Coupe.

Its a 365 v8, 3 speed auto transmission, was originally a peach to pink color, but now has a very poor blue paint job on it that will go over time. All original chrome, grille, no rust holes, just some surface rust..... has original owners manual, and factory provided tire chains in the trunk.

Anyways........ HELLO !!!! and i hope i can get some assistance from members here, and eventually assist others as i learn and work on this car

Matt L

[IMG]local://upfiles/7625/62C975AE2FBE4EB1B6A16BDCA30BFA01.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-24-2008, 10:54 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: A Cadillac Just found ME, Hello :)

Nice looking find.

Old 11-25-2008, 03:15 PM
Tech Certified Members

hey welcome to the Forum, and good luck with the project! keep us posted as to how you're doing. hope we can help, but most of these boys around here don't go back that far.....lol......... maybe one or two, which i'll keep nameless......???? send us more pics...... engine, interior, etc

thanks

rickyd

Old 11-25-2008, 08:32 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: rickyd

Most of these boys around here don't go back that far.....lol......... maybe one or two, which i'll keep nameless......???? send us more pics...... engine, interior, etc

thanks

rickyd
Good idea