Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

Service Theft system soon warning light

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 10:16 AM
Default Service Theft system soon warning light

Hello, I'm new to the forum but not new to Cadillacs, but haven't owned one in about 8 years. I graduated to British luxury, I still love my Jaguar vanden plas. Recently got rid of a 1993 Lexus LS400, nice ride & very dependable but highly over rated, those cars all have instrument cluster issues with needles not working and going black. Now that Devilles have depreciated thought I'd get one.

So I Just bought a 2000 Deville with 89K about 3 weeks ago from local Cadillac dealership, but previous owner left no service records. The car runs great and appears to be maintained; pretty nice overall. Today when starting the car and driving on my way to work, the service theft system soonwarning message and security light came on. What does this mean? I cleared the message from the info center, but the security light stayed on until I turned the car off. Restarted the car to see if it would come back on, but haven't drove it since. Has anyone experienced this or had to repair or replace a damn module or something? Or is it something simple like a fuse or relay?

Thanks.