Member Introduction New to the forum? Stop in and introduce yourself! If you have a tech question, check out the General Technical Section

Soon to be 98 deville owner

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 06:12 PM
Default Soon to be 98 deville owner

Hello fellow members of this forum. My name is Matt (obviously) and I'm from atlanta. I currently own a 93 towncar with many many miles on it. My parents were interested in getting me a new car when they could and no when they had too if/when the linconl finally crapped out. My girlfriend's dad was ognna give me the hook up on his 97 lexux es300 for about $7500 but my granddad who recently passed away left a low miles 98 deville just sittin in the garage in pensacola, FL. My dad makes one call to my grandmother and then i have a trip scheduled to go get it this weekend for only....hold your breath...$2500 I believe it's white with gray int. no too sure about the milage but i'm really excited about it. Having been a ford owner for the past several years i've not had to make an effort to know about GM drivetrain/susp/elec issues and the differences in all of the models but i'm quite willing to pick it up quickly. If anyone could gimme a few pointers as to what to watch for as far as possible common issues/recalls on it that'd be very helpful. Anyways, i'm excited to be a part of this community and lokin forward to the sizable upgrade in vehicles tho i've heard many-a-towncar owners say thier TC rides better on the highway than previous caddies they've owned. Guess i'll have the 6-7hr trip back to decide that[sm=hia.gif][sm=smiley20.gif]