Member Introduction New to the forum? Stop in and introduce yourself! If you have a tech question, check out the General Technical Section

New Member with 2006 STS-V

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by 99STSGUY
sooo nice, i love that car. I keep my eye out for a black one i would love to get in next 12 months..who knows. but that is perfect olive wood and good thing you dont have that red interior set up lol.
anyhow, are thoese your actual stats from track recently? qtr and 0-60? very nice. i guess that corsa did help a bit.
Those stats were from a old copy of Car and Driver comparo test between the M5, SLC55 AMG and STS-V. I haven't taken the car to the track yet. I may do so this winter (cooler denser air = better times) with 1/2 tank of 100 octane.

Bob

Old 09-19-2009, 12:34 AM

oo ok i wasnt sure, but yea it should run pretty nice cool air. Its so quick for a large car people dont give it its props..so i say to you stomp um all out there! Sho um what that caddy can doo

Old 09-19-2009, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by 99STSGUY
oo ok i wasnt sure, but yea it should run pretty nice cool air. Its so quick for a large car people dont give it its props..so i say to you stomp um all out there! Sho um what that caddy can doo
Funny thing the day after I had the Corsa installed, I went to lunch with my older daughter. We were on our way back and I had to give a little gas on the boulevard to get over to take the on ramp. I out accelerated a C5 Z06 to get my spot on the on ramp. I then did a "sound" test getting on the freeway. When I slowed down for the traffic the Vette goes roaring by me doing a flyby. The day after I was on my way back from Coast Cadillac in SoCal traffic stop and go. I was manually shifting up and down keeping up with the traffic and I admit, I love the overun popping and crackle in the exhaust when you get off the gas at higher rpms. Well I gave the throttle a goose, and the engine roars. Next thing I know some red Dodge Caliber SRT-4 rides my a$$. I am thinking this guy must be nuts. Next thing I know he does a ricer flyby in the car pool lane while driving by himself. I seem to get a lot of reaction with the STS-V. I still have not seen another STS-V on the road. However last week I though I saw one and did some banzai weaving to catch up. It was a V6 STS with a V wire mesh grill. I was disappointed.

Bob

Last edited by Jedhead; 09-19-2009 at 01:06 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-20-2009, 04:06 PM

New to the Caddy world but loving it but i do have one question do anything every happen to these things