General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW 2006 STS - Question about Stereo

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 12:46 PM
Default NEW 2006 STS - Question about Stereo

I just purchased a 2006 STS which is a very nice car, however, i am so disappointed that the Bose stereo i have in it, I have the 6 ch changer model. Does not have a plug for an auxillary input for an MP3 player. The surround sound upgrade does i guess. this is nuts. I have 2 questions i cant seem to get an answer to:

1 - is there an option on the back of the radio to plug in an aux device?

2 - is it possible to upgrade my radio to the one that has this feature?

I honestly would have never bought this car had i known this before. Bad assumption on my part, but i just assumed it would have one like 90% of the inexpensive cars out there.

PLEASE ANswer my question here. No one has been been much help yet. This is my first caddy and it isnt going too well

thank you for any help

Old 06-23-2006, 07:49 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: NEW 2006 STS - Question about Stereo

ORIGINAL: cman1

I just purchased a 2006 STS which is a very nice car, however, i am so disappointed that the Bose stereo i have in it, I have the 6 ch changer model. Does not have a plug for an auxillary input for an MP3 player. The surround sound upgrade does i guess. this is nuts. I have 2 questions i cant seem to get an answer to:

1 - is there an option on the back of the radio to plug in an aux device?

2 - is it possible to upgrade my radio to the one that has this feature?

I honestly would have never bought this car had i known this before. Bad assumption on my part, but i just assumed it would have one like 90% of the inexpensive cars out there.

PLEASE ANswer my question here. No one has been been much help yet. This is my first caddy and it isnt going too well

thank you for any help

1- no

2- possible, yes. Probably not cheap though.

RF modulation is the best/cheapest option to adding an aux input to any fm radio.
The new wireless works so well, you wouldn't know it's not plugged in to the head unit.

Radio shack, or any online audio store should have what you are looking for.

Old 07-05-2006, 08:27 PM
Default RE: NEW 2006 STS - Question about Stereo

You may try doing something with the RCA inputs that are located in the center arm console. I know you could find some cables to run from your MP3 headphone jack to two audio RCA plugs. Let us know how it goes.