Member Introduction New to the forum? Stop in and introduce yourself! If you have a tech question, check out the General Technical Section

New Member with 2006 STS-V

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 12:42 PM
Default New Member with 2006 STS-V

Hi. I just purchased a 2006 STS-V with 24k. I have enjoyed driving the car so far, but boy does it love gas!.

Bob

Old 08-18-2009, 01:55 PM
Tech Certified Members

welcome to the forum. Them STS-V's love gas but what cady doesnt. lol. I would like to get a V series cady someday they look sharp and are sleepers. hope you enjoy this site as there are lots of helpfull people to talk to for advice.

Old 08-18-2009, 01:57 PM
Tech Certified Members

I dream of either a STS-V or a CTS-V ...

someday .. someday .. that dream will be a reality ...

Old 08-18-2009, 03:55 PM
Tech Certified Members

Originally Posted by stomper
I dream of either a STS-V or a CTS-V ...

someday .. someday .. that dream will be a reality ...

i keep telling my self that same thing. which is what i told myself when i was 16 that i wanted Seville like what i have now. so hopefully both of our dreams come true. LOL

Old 09-18-2009, 02:58 PM

I posted some pics here:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3382456

Bob

Old 09-18-2009, 11:01 PM
Default I have new 06 stsv myself wondering about the corsa exhaust?

I was looking at the stage 1.5 by d3 cadillac saw that you have the corsa exhaust how des it sound? did you dyno before and after install I had heard mixed results that it did not increase hp at all but d3 claims it does.

Old 09-19-2009, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by jimedik06stsv
I was looking at the stage 1.5 by d3 cadillac saw that you have the corsa exhaust how des it sound? did you dyno before and after install I had heard mixed results that it did not increase hp at all but d3 claims it does.
I did not do a before and after dyno. I don't believe the Corsa alone gave me any power. At least I haven't notice any more power on the butt dyno. I do love the sound. Amazingly like Corsa says the exhaust is quite while cruising. At 65 to 80 mph, I hear more road and tire noise and the exhaust sound is way in the back ground, the exhaust is as quiet as the stock. While driving around town using low to moderate throttle application the car isn't very loud. However if you stomp on it, the exhaust positively just roars. I did a little test today in the parking structure at the mall where my daughter works. I was just cruising through the structure at about 10mph in 1st. I goosed the gas about 3/4 throttle and tires roasted, the exhaust roared and car alarms went off. I felt a little giddy like a teenager and I know if someone looked at me I would have a dumb smirk on my face. I hope to have a video from the interior so people can have an idea how it sounds from inside.
Here is a video of one with the Corsa. Mine sounds the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZkSJXlEAkU

Bob

Old 09-19-2009, 12:23 AM

sooo nice, i love that car. I keep my eye out for a black one i would love to get in next 12 months..who knows. but that is perfect olive wood and good thing you dont have that red interior set up lol.
anyhow, are thoese your actual stats from track recently? qtr and 0-60? very nice. i guess that corsa did help a bit.

Old 09-19-2009, 12:26 AM

I did go by D3, they are about 10 miles away from me. I took a look around and they had a STS-V with just about everything for the engine. He started the car and you can hear the blower very loud. I am thinking about the intercooler upgrade with the high capacity aux tank and ECU tuning on the dyno. D3 said that when they do a tune on the dyno they give you the before and after dynosheets.

Bob

Old 09-19-2009, 12:27 AM

thats pretty cool, just be prepared for bill too lol

Quick Reply: New Member with 2006 STS-V