Member Introduction New to the forum? Stop in and introduce yourself! If you have a tech question, check out the General Technical Section

First time cadillac owner here

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 09:03 PM
Default First time cadillac owner here

Hello everyone. I normally drive Vans and use them for tool and motorcycle hauling. Now I find myself sharing a 2017 CTS ownership with my wife. She has had one in the past and was tired of the SUV fad. I like this car (2.0 LTG). The ride is a lot rougher than the old Eldorados or Fleetwoods I had ridden in over the years, but what a refined vehicle this really is. SIlky smooth throttle response and seamless gear changes. Power and acceleration very surprising as well Quick!

I still drive my Van but "Date nights" definitely find me behind the wheel of our CTS. Before posting an introduction here I attempted to just seek the knowledge available in your Tech section. Apparently an introduction here is protocol.
Has anyone else experienced these issues with their cars:

1) When Car is warmed up after 10 minutes or so and most apparent in the rain. I am experiencing a heavy missfire under load in high gear when torquing up from 1500 rpm. However as soon as throttle is opened up enough to invoke down shift and revs build with turbo boost it disappears. Very consistent and repeatable. I am using mid grade 89 octane fuel.

2) Car pulls side to side terribly when there is only 1/2 inch of water standing on the road. Tried with the car in snow and Ice mode and it seemed to track a little better. Car misfires worst in the rain. Is this due to the lane keep assist feature unable to see the lane markings?

3) Failure of the graphics interface to respond to finger swipes and selections.

I have made appointments with the dealer to resolve these issues and have taken the car back for it's requiset service and oil changes.

Your comments and experiences would be welcome knowledge and correspondence.

Sincerely Herode