Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Joke of a community

Old 07-17-2018, 05:21 AM
Lightbulb Joke of a community

Hello everyone.!!! I have been asking questions about one of our Caddilacs here on various Tech pages and gotten ZERO replies. HAhahehahaLOL now that's a JOKE. As I look at other posts I see that all the MAJORITY of members do here is Lookie Loo and move on too. We all have knowledge to share and information is the key to success. CawMon Peoples "Communicate?"

I normally drive Vans and use them for tool and motorcycle hauling. Now I find myself sharing a 2017 CTS ownership with my wife. She has had one in the past and was tired of the SUV fad. I like this car (2.0 LTG). The ride is a lot rougher than the old Eldorados or Fleetwoods I had ridden in over the years, but what a refined vehicle this really is. SIlky smooth throttle response and seamless gear changes. Power and acceleration very surprising as well Quick!

I still drive my Van but "Date nights" definitely find me behind the wheel of our CTS. Before posting an introduction here I attempted to just seek the knowledge available in your Tech section. Apparently an introduction here is protocol.
Has anyone else experienced these issues with their cars:

1) When Car is warmed up after 10 minutes or so and most apparent in the rain. I am experiencing a heavy missfire under load in high gear when torquing up from 1500 rpm. However as soon as throttle is opened up enough to invoke down shift and revs build with turbo boost it disappears. Very consistent and repeatable. I am using mid grade 89 octane fuel.

2) Car pulls side to side terribly when there is only 1/2 inch of water standing on the road. Tried with the car in snow and Ice mode and it seemed to track a little better. Car misfires worst in the rain. Is this due to the lane keep assist feature unable to see the lane markings?

3) Failure of the graphics interface to respond to finger swipes and selections.

I have made appointments with the dealer to resolve these issues and have taken the car back for it's requiset service and oil changes.

Your comments and experiences would be welcome knowledge and correspondence.

Sincerely Herode

Old 07-18-2018, 05:51 PM

PLEASE do not take offense, and I am not looking to start an argument, but the opening paragraph of your post is not one that would engender warm fuzzy feelings amongst those who could help you.

I know it is frustrating to post and get no replies, but one needs to realize that this a totally volunteer site, that the members, I would imagine, have either jobs or lives or both that demand quite a bit of their attention, and sometimes car questions take a distant second to other priorities in their lives.

I too have posted and gotten no replies, but that disappointment is FAR outweighed by the benefits I have reaped when other members do reply. There has been some great info provided me about problems with my Allantes, and any ONE of those replies was well worth the time it took to post ALL of my inquiries.

Since the newest Caddie that I own is a 2006 STS I cannot be much help to you on your CTS, other than to say "Really nice ride Dude". Should you need help with the old 78 Eldorados, especially in regards to under-dash wiring, give me shout.

Have a good week and I hope that you get the info you seek.

Art

Old 07-18-2018, 09:37 PM

Thanks Art. Yes I do deserve a flogging for such a rude and direct attack on all members. But lucky for me a wise and well adjusted individual decided to chime in first. I do expect some flack here. I do apologize for my impatient rant. Yes we are all very busy and I sincerely appreciate any information we can share.

Thanks for the compliment on my wife's car. The ride is too firm for what I remember used to be a Cadillac,... so smooth and like riding in a "boat". I miss that. If anyone cares to engage in correspondence on this site regarding my "missfire" I will be glad to divulge all the information and advice I have already learned from working with my dealer's mechanics.

SIncerely

HerodedCBR

Old 07-19-2018, 06:17 AM

Nah, no flogging needed

Old 08-28-2018, 06:37 PM
Default Forum

I agree with CBR. This is not a site for wrenchers and car guys. It seems to be more for the bling wheel and car wax crowd. And that's okay, if that's as far as your technical knowledge goes.
Can anyone recommend a caddy site for people who like to tear things apart in an effort to repair them, rather than just replace parts. Or, God forbid, go to a dealer.

Old 08-28-2018, 07:58 PM

Yeah Mr. Dave we are definitely the minority around here. My car is brand new so I have to take it in for warranty work in order to have everything properly "covered". I see your moniker has 2.0 in it. Should I assume you have an LTG motor like mine. (turbo 4 cyl.?) . I just learned there is another recurring problem with these vehicles and a recall has been issued. Mine is a 2017 and is affected. It has to do with the fuse box labeling. apparently the owners' manual and the box itself has some fuse or fuses mislabeled. From what I have gathered the fuse hosing itself has the correct fuse installed @ the factory but if it needed replacement apparently we would be installing the wrong fuse if we went by the fuse box labeling or the manual instructions.

Let me know if you have any other questions with our cars. I can give you the lowdown on what I learn from the Cadillac mechanics themselves. My "Misfire" quandary ended up being very interesting.

Ciao!!

Old 08-29-2018, 08:18 AM

CBR:
Not a caddy owner. Fixing up a 2002 Deville DTS for a disabled war vet. Likes big cars for ease of access/egress. Hates vans with ramps. Says "Just because I'm disabled doesn't mean I can't drive a sweet ride" "Vans are for Nerds lost in the seventies" Point taken.
So, after installing hand controls, he asked me to go over it an run down some issues. Coolant leak, oil leaks (Northstar engine HPOS), sometime no-start, And DIC codes. Replaced water pump, starter, and cam cover gaskets. Working on the ride control issues. Front right coil toast. Rear compressor works but won't hold air. Bench tested the compressor and found the bleed down solenoid coil is toast. Stuck in the open position. So the compressor doesn't build pressure. Coil is located in the compressor head. Asking simple questions like, "Is the compressor head available as a separate piece?" Nothing but crickets.
I'm used to the Corvette and Mercedes forums. These people spend hours repairing a ten dollar part. I love 'em.
Any hoo, most info for caddys I got on youtube. Not many caddy forums out there. So if run across a good technical type caddy forum let me know.

Thanks, Dave.

Old 08-29-2018, 08:41 AM

not sure this helps - but I have a 2001 Eldo that I use as a beater, I am pretty sure it has the compressor still but I have never really looked at/for it - suspension was modified before I got it to regular shocks

seeing as how the car is for a vet, if you want the compressor for parts/repair/paperweight give me a holler and I will pull it next week or week after (work is really busy right now) and ship it to you, shipping at my expense

again, this part is untested, not sure if you want or need it, but if you do .......

Art

Old 08-29-2018, 11:30 AM

87Allente:

Very generous offer. Yes, I'll take it. Really happy to actually hear from some one.
Don't know about your Eldo, but the Deville compressor is located on the right rear, outside, above the muffler. If same, just remove the muffler hanger. Three 10mm head screws hold it up. One four wire plug, and one 7/32 vacuum tube to the frame.

Thanks Art.
Ship to: Double "D" Automotive
3980 N. Apalachee Pt.
Crystal River, Fl. 34428.

Old 08-29-2018, 11:54 AM

I believe that is where the compressor is on my Eldo. I will try to get to it tomorrow, but not sure ... will definitely get it out by the end of Labor Day week.

Art

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Joke of a community