General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

blower motor help please

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 07:42 PM
Default blower motor help please

Hey im new. I just bought a 96 seville sls. Heat worked when I got it and all day the next day. Yesterday it quit blowing. Air will come from the vents and I can control where it comes out at. But the air is not coming out with any force. So I figure its the motor. It was getting power. I got another one and plugged it in while it sit on the motor cranked up and it worked. Took old one out and put this one in and still no forced air from vents. Only have air at highway speeds. Could there be something else? Please help.

Quick update: after changing the blower motor the lights above each door and the light in the trunk don't work anymore. Neither does either of the cigarette lighters. And the info channel says service electric system. All fuses under hood are good. I plugged up the old motor like I did the new one when I got it but according to my test light its not getting power. It was before by my test light and the new motor was running before I put it in. Now no power.

My first Cadillac and it was great for a day then good for a day and now its trying to kill me.

Last edited by zerobuster; 12-04-2011 at 08:23 PM. Reason: added new info