Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

AC Blower Motor Problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 01:51 AM
Default AC Blower Motor Problems

In my 2002 DTS, I can't seem to keep a working ac blower motor for more than 6 months. Everything electrical is factory, no modifications, so what could cause the motor to keep going out?

Old 08-02-2006, 07:27 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: AC Blower Motor Problems

Are you using an OEM motor?
Is it noisy before it dies?
Does it just die all at once?
Have you had the A/C system checked for updated calabrations?
Who is doing the repairs? Dealer/ independant/ you?

The more info you provide us the better the chance we might be able to help you.

Old 08-02-2006, 03:21 PM

The motor was replaced by an independent, and I don't know if its an OEM. It just dies all at once, no noises at all. One day u turn the air on and nothing comes out of the vents. U can hear the compressor kick on, and u can feel the cold air coming from thr rear vents, but nothing comes out of the front. No cold air, no vent air, and no heat comes out of the front vents. I haven't had the system calabrated, unless the place that installed my last blower motor did it. Oh yeah, the lights(above the gear shift) still show the fan increasing/decreasing speeds. I can put the air on auto and nothing happens.

Old 08-02-2006, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: icecort

In my 2002 DTS, I can't seem to keep a working ac blower motor for more than 6 months.
How many have you had replaced? The way you stated it, sounds like multiple failures.
Was it diagnosed as a bad blower motor this time, or possibly something else?
Did you just get one bad aftermarket replacement?
Did they give you a warranty with it?
GM parts and labor is 12month 12000 miles.

Sorry for all the questions, but i don't really know what else to tell you.

Old 12-06-2006, 03:44 PM

I know it has been a while since you posted this, but I had the same problem with my car. It was the the ground wire in the harness plug to the blower itself. What i did to figure it out was, take out the glove box and remove the knee kick plate, then you'll very easily see the the plug into the blower. turn you car on and set your system to blow high, so you can hear the blower. DO NOT REMOVE YOUR BLOWER, it is very very hard to get back in. Then wiggle the wires into the plug. you should hear it kick on. because your problem is intermittent, it is not a bad blower. What you need to do now, is unplug the blower and throw away the retainer clip it causes it to not plug in all the way. There are three wires on the plug; red, black and unsheilded(this is the ground). Push them in so the are tight into the plug head. then wrap them very tightly with electrical tape, then test to make sure they are still tight and the blower comes on. If yes, then find a place to zip tie it to so that when someone gets in and out of the car and they hit the kick plate they aren't allowed to move the harness. Then put everything back together. I have not had a problem with this for a year, since doing this. { Mine stopped working in the summer(105" in a black on black caddy, not fun) and fought with it til winter, well ya, gotta see out your windows. Any way let me know if this helps!}