General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Blinker/Turn Signals Problem

Old 06-07-2006, 10:09 PM
Default Blinker/Turn Signals Problem

Hello All, I have a 2000 Seville. Just yesterday the right blinkers stopped working. When I turn the left side blinkers on they work fine and I can see the arrow on the dash, the outside lights flash and hear the clicking, BUT when I turn the rightside blinkers on they do not blink, not even on the dash, but I can hear the clicking for the right side. I checked the bulbs and they all work. The bulb in the front right even comes one when the lights come on, but won't flash when the blinker is engaged. Also when I put the hazard lights on, the leftside works but not the right side. I checked the fuses and they are fine. I read on here that it may be the blinker (flasher) box under the steering wheel, but I don't know how to get under there. I was able to unscrew two screws under the steering wheel, but the panel still would not come off with considerable force, so I stopped so I wouldn't break it. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Old 06-12-2006, 06:13 PM
Default RE: Blinker/Turn Signals Problem

Ok so I figured this one out myself. The Flasher box/switch/module for the 2000 Cadillac Seville is underneath the dash where the hazzards button is. The flasher box/switch/module is connected/part of the hazzard button. It is a Dealer only item, about $60-$80 depending on the dealer. I had to loosen the fastener for the woodgrain trim inorder to get the flasher box out. Also I disconnected it opened up the flasher box and put it back in. The blinkers now work, but I have to hold my hazzard button down to keep them on. Needless to say I fixed my initial problem and create another.