Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

My Turn Signals Do Not Flash

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 02:47 AM
Default My Turn Signals Do Not Flash

Hi, I have a 1999 Deville Northstar. As I was coming home when I went to put my signal lites on for a turn, they did not come on. The front does not flash and the back does not flash and there is no indication on the dashboard. checked all the fuses front under the hood and back inside the trunk. I also changed the front and back turn signal lites. I still did not get any signal flash. I looked up underneath the dashboard behind the steering wheel and foumd a aluminum cover fuse or flash. I changed this one for a new one. I still didn't get any results. My next thought was to change the turn signal switch on the steering wheel and I did that too. NO results. Can someone tell me if they have ever experience this with there cadillac deville and if so, how did you solve it. I'm being told that there is another aluminum flasher hidden somewhere under the dash and it is the one for the turn signals. I cannot find it and it is not showing it in my driver manual. Does anyone have any pics that will show me the exact location of this fuse or flasher? I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you very much

Old 01-12-2006, 03:58 PM
Default RE: My Turn Signals Do Not Flash

The cadillacs use a 'black box' electronic flasher unit. The silver one is for the 4 way hazards.

The electronic one should be left of the steering column just on the back side of the dash.

The flashers can fail....but so can the steering column turn signal switch.

Logan Diagnostic
www.airbagcrash.com
www.ledfix.com
www.logandieselusa.com