Cadillac STS The newest installation of the performance sedan from Cadillac, having replaced the Seville

Seville STS HVAC Blower works intermittently

Old 05-25-2009, 02:55 PM
Default Seville STS HVAC Blower works intermittently

My 2001 Seville STS HVAC blower motor works intermittently. I have replaced the blower, the blower control module, and the climate control box itself under the radio. What else is left? Are there any relays I may be overlooking. If so, where are they located. I've checked the fuses and they seem fine. I've wiggled all the wiring harnesses around to see if there was a poor connection somewhere, but no luck there. With all of these new parts, it operates just as before...intermittently. I have noticed though that when it is working, as the engine heats up, the blower is much more likely to stop in warm weather than if the weather is cold outside. I do occasionally wash the engine off with the hose, but if it were a water problem, I would expect it to dry out. I do have a code P0410, but that's for the emissions system. No other codes come up. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Old 10-24-2009, 07:34 PM

Had the same problem in my 2001 STS. Turns out there is some sort of relay/plug in the passenger side under the plastic threshhold piece that was the cause. In order to get to it, you'll need to remove the threshhold and you'll see it and some wires attached there.
When you press the piece with your hand, it would blow without a problem, let off and it would stop. My husband determined there was a contact issue and now it works great.
Good luck! Hope this helps!

Old 10-25-2009, 02:31 PM
Tech Certified Members

these issues tend to be connectors or wiring.

the post just above, also talks to that.

suggest that you unplug all related connectors, clean and lub with di-electric grease. of course, that wont fix any connector issues inside (solder/crimping/contacts) the component.

Originally Posted by MrsLLL529 View Post
Had the same problem in my 2001 STS. Turns out there is some sort of relay/plug in the passenger side under the plastic threshold piece that was the cause. In order to get to it, you'll need to remove the threshold and you'll see it and some wires attached there.
When you press the piece with your hand, it would blow without a problem, let off and it would stop. My husband determined there was a contact issue and now it works great.
Good luck! Hope this helps!