General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 RHD Cadillac Seville Why do my lights intermittently flash whe remote locking

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 06:28 PM
Default 2000 RHD Cadillac Seville Why do my lights intermittently flash whe remote locking

Does anywone know why my flights may keep flashing every minute or so after I remote lock the car. I've tried re-programming but it still happens. I have resorted to locking the car with the internal door lock. The risk with this is that I lock the key in the car (only have one key). Any help welcome

Old 01-31-2010, 02:07 AM
Tech Certified Members

Originally Posted by sgraham
Does anywone know why my flights may keep flashing every minute or so after I remote lock the car. I've tried re-programming but it still happens. I have resorted to locking the car with the internal door lock. The risk with this is that I lock the key in the car (only have one key). Any help welcome
you best get a 2nd key .. if you lose the one key, the cost of re keying will ruin your financial status.

Old 02-10-2010, 02:50 AM

Looking at your location (Ireland) I am presuming you have a RHD vehicle?

If so this is a typical fault with the RHD cars. Let me explain...

...when GM shipped the cars over new an additional security module had to be added to the standard security system on the car to conform to UK alarm standards (for insurance purposes). Over time, this additional security module goes faulty and it means every time you lock the vehicle from the remote key fob your lights will intermittently flash.

A simple test is to often lock the car using the door lock switch on the REAR O/S PASSENGER DOOR (drivers side on a RHD car). This will normally create the same fault.

I have exactly the same fault on my car so I just open the car with the remote and close it using the drivers door lock switch.

There is a solution though,...Bauer Millett (http://www.bauer-millett.com/) in Manchester know these cars inside out and are very familiar with the electrics on this alarm install. They can disable the secondary third-party alarm module so that the car operates on it's standard alarm/security system only, which means you can open and lock the vehicle from the remote fob.

They say it will take around two hours at £80.00 per hour in labour cost, so for £160 you can have it rectified, which I don't think is too bad,...especially for Bauer Millett.

I want to take my car there to have this sorted but I am 3 hours away from Manchester and it's just finding the time during the week to get up there and have it done.

BTW. I did extensive research on this and contacted numerous American auto-electric specialiasts, most of whom scratched their heads and had no idea how to fix it while others came out with the typical "Oooooooooooo,...mega expensive and very difficult job, the car is not worth spending the money on to repair it"!!

Hope that is of help

Old 02-10-2010, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by DJWerkz
Looking at your location (Ireland) I am presuming you have a RHD vehicle?

If so this is a typical fault with the RHD cars. Let me explain...

...when GM shipped the cars over new an additional security module had to be added to the standard security system on the car to conform to UK alarm standards (for insurance purposes). Over time, this additional security module goes faulty and it means every time you lock the vehicle from the remote key fob your lights will intermittently flash.

A simple test is to often lock the car using the door lock switch on the REAR O/S PASSENGER DOOR (drivers side on a RHD car). This will normally create the same fault.

I have exactly the same fault on my car so I just open the car with the remote and close it using the drivers door lock switch.

There is a solution though,...Bauer Millett (http://www.bauer-millett.com/) in Manchester know these cars inside out and are very familiar with the electrics on this alarm install. They can disable the secondary third-party alarm module so that the car operates on it's standard alarm/security system only, which means you can open and lock the vehicle from the remote fob.

They say it will take around two hours at £80.00 per hour in labour cost, so for £160 you can have it rectified, which I don't think is too bad,...especially for Bauer Millett.

I want to take my car there to have this sorted but I am 3 hours away from Manchester and it's just finding the time during the week to get up there and have it done.

BTW. I did extensive research on this and contacted numerous American auto-electric specialiasts, most of whom scratched their heads and had no idea how to fix it while others came out with the typical "Oooooooooooo,...mega expensive and very difficult job, the car is not worth spending the money on to repair it"!!

Hope that is of help
excellent info
thanks