Cadillac Escalade The full sized sport utility vehicle that has combined the versatility of an SUV with the luxury associated with the Cadillac name

Problem with new angel eyes

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 02:13 AM
Default Problem with new angel eyes

Hi guys, newbie here. Just got an 04 EXT and decided to replace the headlights with one from the auction site:

Problem is that the angel eyes don't keep on on the driver's side. They light up for 2-3 seconds and shut off. Passenger's side is fine. All the other lights work normal, except the angel eyes.

Swapped passenger and driver sides and had the same problem on the driver's side.

If I plug the halos'transformer straight to the battery, same problem. Plugging to a 12V battery tender or to the truck's battery when it's unplugged from the truck, it also works.

Any hints?

Old 08-25-2010, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by mosimann
Hi guys, newbie here. Just got an 04 EXT and decided to replace the headlights with one from the auction site:

Problem is that the angel eyes don't keep on on the driver's side. They light up for 2-3 seconds and shut off. Passenger's side is fine. All the other lights work normal, except the angel eyes.

Swapped passenger and driver sides and had the same problem on the driver's side.

If I plug the halos'transformer straight to the battery, same problem. Plugging to a 12V battery tender or to the truck's battery when it's unplugged from the truck, it also works.

Any hints?
Try reversing the plug into the ballast, it will look strange but should take care of your problem, had several sets of HID lights I had to do this to.