Cadillac Escalade The full sized sport utility vehicle that has combined the versatility of an SUV with the luxury associated with the Cadillac name

Multiple Problems - Need Help.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 04:47 PM
Default Multiple Problems - Need Help.

Hello everyone I am new to this forum, I drive a fully loaded 07' Escalade. I am finding some problems in my car. First off, why the hell am I rubbing OEM 22's? The dealer said "Oh thats just how the car's made we cant fix that." So im like whatever BS. Secondly, theres some squeaking sound coming from the passenger side wheels or something. I only hear it when the car is moving. They also said thats normal[:@] yeah right. Help is appreiated. Thanks, - Jordan

Old 04-11-2008, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Multiple Problems - Need Help.

I'm hope slowroll and or carnut will chime in here, but at first blush it appears that you are being given a line of crap. I would have the sevice manager putin writing that it is normal for OEM wheels to rub and that there is nothing they can do about it. OEM 22's should not rub IMO. The squeeking is not normal and I would have the service manager put that in writing also. Someone needs to kick someone in the *** IMHO. I am interested in seeing the response from one or both of the guys I mentioned if they see this post. Good luck dude.

G.A.R.Y.

Old 04-11-2008, 06:42 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: chain492

Hello everyone I am new to this forum, I drive a fully loaded 07' Escalade. I am finding some problems in my car. First off, why the hell am I rubbing OEM 22's? The dealer said "Oh thats just how the car's made we cant fix that." So im like whatever BS. Secondly, theres some squeaking sound coming from the passenger side wheels or something. I only hear it when the car is moving. They also said thats normal[:@] yeah right. Help is appreiated. Thanks, - Jordan

"Oh thats just how the car's made we cant fix that."

IF the dealer, and I mean the service manager stays firm on that, post details.
Oh, show them this thread ...

So you know, carnut is a SERVICE MGR, slowroll is a dealer certified tech .. GOOD ONES.

their words carry tons of weight on this site.

Old 04-11-2008, 07:46 PM

Okay thanks for the reply guys, I do my business with Young Cadillac if you were wondering. Yeah they gave me some American-Car bull****.[:@] I was like wtf how could the car come with OEM defects and noises? lol... Who is this carnut and slowroll i should be on the lookout for help?

Old 04-11-2008, 09:01 PM
Super Moderator

Old 04-12-2008, 08:24 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: chain492

Okay thanks for the reply guys, I do my business with Young Cadillac if you were wondering. Yeah they gave me some American-Car bull****. I was like wtf how could the car come with OEM defects and noises? lol... Who is this carnut and slowroll i should be on the lookout for help?
carnut and slowroll are two of our 17 Cadillacforum.com website TECHs.

OK OK .. I'm exagerating the 17 ...

Old 04-13-2008, 08:51 PM
Tech Certified Members

Tire rub? would have to see...if they're the factory tire/wheel combo I would think they should not rub. Noise: take center caps off see if noise goes away. If it does install 1 at a time to determine noisy one, then have dealer replace noisy center cap.