Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

99 deville random electrical problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 09:14 PM
Default 99 deville random electrical problem

Ok I have a 99 deville with power locks, also includes the stock remote door unlock, trunk release, and fuel cap button. The problem the car is having is that after I have had it parked, at times, I can come back to it and try to open the doors and the car acts as though the battery is dead. There is no dome light, the security light on the dash isnt flashin, the doors will not unlock with the remote (only with the key) and the trunk will not open up with the remote. I get in the car and it just starts up like nothing though. I know for sure that the battery isnt dead because I did replace it with a brand new one and also since it starts right up everytime. If I happen to have locked the car with my remote and then manually unlock the doors and start it the factory alarm goes off. This requires me to try to press the remote thing after the car is running to turn off the alarm. Keep in mind that this problem does not happen every single time I come back to the vehicle, only random times, which it makes it very hard to diagnose. Other things to keep in mind is that the trip mileage on the dash resets everytime, however my radio doesnt. Also when I move it only a short distance and turn the car off, the dash is blinking where it shows what gear you are in, also you can here a clicking noise from the back seat.
I have a warranty so a shop has been working on it to get it fixed, but I have had to take it back 4 times now cause they still havent fixed the problem. They have tried replacing my cluster, replacing some relays, replacing the body control module and some wiring to the bcm. Still though the car isnt fixed. I am hoping someone here can point me in the right direction to get this solved. It really sucks not being able to just unlock and lock my car like normal. Thanks

Old 03-05-2008, 07:56 AM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: 99 deville random electrical problem

hrnyhg..... 1st, welcome to the Forum.......... is the car ok (electric wise)once you've got it started?
your problem,????? sounds like it is a security system problem, with what you have said..... not sure though
now dont laugh.... have you replaced the battery in your remote? or tryed the other to see if you have the same problem?
second, ask your warranty shop to check the RIM (rear intregration module)
good luck and keep the Forum posted as to whats goin on
rickyd

Old 03-05-2008, 11:56 AM
Default RE: 99 deville random electrical problem

thanks for the welcome. The car acts perfectly normal after you start it up. Yes I have changed the battery remote...twice now, just to be sure. It was also the first thing the shop did. I will inform them of the RIM