Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

Looking for a horsepower increase

Old 03-03-2008, 05:06 PM
Default Looking for a horsepower increase

I've had my 1991 DeVille for awhile now, it has 127,000 miles on it and is still in perfect condition. Due to a plethora of problems, I've replaced the engine with a engine that came from my dad's 1993 DeVille, and have repaired the defective engine. So now I have a engine sitting in my garage with no use, so I've decided for the sake of experimentation to see what modifactions I can do to gain some horses. I've already installed some nice spark plugs and a Cold Air Intake which brings it up to the 230-240 range, but I'm looking for some mods to get around 300. I'm trying to not have to take apart the engine, or to mess around with the already perfect exhaust system. So do you guys have some ideas on what I can do?

Old 03-03-2008, 06:42 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Looking for a horsepower increase

ORIGINAL: TripleR234

I've had my 1991 DeVille for awhile now, it has 127,000 miles on it and is still in perfect condition. Due to a plethora of problems, I've replaced the engine with a engine that came from my dad's 1993 DeVille, and have repaired the defective engine. So now I have a engine sitting in my garage with no use, so I've decided for the sake of experimentation to see what modifactions I can do to gain some horses. I've already installed some nice spark plugs and a Cold Air Intake which brings it up to the 230-240 range, but I'm looking for some mods to get around 300. I'm trying to not have to take apart the engine, or to mess around with the already perfect exhaust system. So do you guys have some ideas on what I can do?
for a moment I was going to summon Foxpaws .. she got around 320+ hp I believe.

BUT .. what she did may be too radical for you .. however, she has a thread of the subject under "after market mods"

Old 03-04-2008, 07:50 AM

well, heres the "forgot to add" that will change everything. I'm 16 years old, and I'm working a part time job plus going to school. Mechanically, I can do almost anything to the car, but its financing that will probably choke my project.

Old 03-04-2008, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator

well, heres the "forgot to add" that will change everything. I'm 16 years old, and I'm working a part time job plus going to school. Mechanically, I can do almost anything to the car, but its financing that will probably choke my project.

Where there is a will, there is a way.

I read about another kid that did what you want to do.
He bought a set of used superchargers, from a salvage tractor, of all things.
HE read a dozen books on "how", got adapters made, modified what he had with what he had.

his work wont win any beauty contests, but the brute hp gains, has him saying "who cares."
At 16, he had something that few of us here have ... TIME !

Old 03-04-2008, 07:43 PM

well, time is most deffinetly something i have

do you have any left over information about that project that I can read, or somthing like that ?

Old 03-05-2008, 08:52 PM

ok, I've been reading around, and I've found what look to be some options.

Anyone know about putting a Allante Intake/Throttle Body on a 4.9, and how much that would cost?

Also I'd like some info on ECM chips, because it seems alot of people have those

Old 03-06-2008, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator

well, time is most deffinetly something i have

do you have any left over information about that project that I can read, or somthing like that ?
sorry .. i been on the move these last few days ...
i posted that project somewhere, but since I run around in about half dozen sites,
I can forget the location .. I better find it for you when I settle back down next week ..

stay tunned ..