Cadillac CTS The mid-sized sedan that has grown the popularity of the Cadillac brand with it's low price and sleek styling

Help! Weird CEL and Traction control issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2020, 11:30 AM
Question Help! Weird CEL and Traction control issue

Happy new year everyone.
Need some help. I've been having this weird issue on my CTS wagon (2013. 80k miles) where every time I stop at a light my CEL comes on (flashing) and the traction control goes off. Stabilitrak stays on. As soon as i start driving the traction control comes back on but the CEL stays for 30 sec or longer and it goes away.
What's weird is that once these lights happen the car shifts harder a bit jerkier (especially when it downshifts while coming to a stop) I feel a thud when it downshifts into 1st right before it stops.

I've read codes and there was a cylinder misfire (4th cyl) which I replaced the coil and plug. So that's good. The bearings have also been replaced on the right rear and driver front (I believe)

Not sure what's going on here. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Old 01-03-2020, 09:49 AM
Default Bump! Bump! Bump!

any thoughts anyone?
Originally Posted by nitinbud
Happy new year everyone.
Need some help. I've been having this weird issue on my CTS wagon (2013. 80k miles) where every time I stop at a light my CEL comes on (flashing) and the traction control goes off. Stabilitrak stays on. As soon as i start driving the traction control comes back on but the CEL stays for 30 sec or longer and it goes away.
What's weird is that once these lights happen the car shifts harder a bit jerkier (especially when it downshifts while coming to a stop) I feel a thud when it downshifts into 1st right before it stops.

I've read codes and there was a cylinder misfire (4th cyl) which I replaced the coil and plug. So that's good. The bearings have also been replaced on the right rear and driver front (I believe)

Not sure what's going on here. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!