Traction control issues - Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Old 07-25-2017, 09:45 PM

Default Traction control issues

Hi everyone. I want to share the issues that I'm having with my beautiful 2011 CTS V Coupe. I love this car but, lately as I'm driving the engine warning light come on and traction control light comes on just after few seconds.
Aslo, the car is using about a qt of mobil 1 oil a week (maybe 250 miles per wk). I do use it mostly in a sport mode and I like to go fast.
I took the car to the dealership but, after replacing sparks plugs and wires still the problem persist. Yesterday the tire monitor light come on too, and went away after a day or so, just like the traction control light, comes and goes.
I'm really disappointed, I just love the look, the engine, but these issues, made me thinking about selling the car. Any suggestions? thanks in advance.
Enzo
Old 07-26-2017, 01:32 PM
Tech Certified Members

250 miles to the quart is a lot. If you still have factory warranty you want to have it addressed. No warranty let your wallet guide you. Decarboning would be a option, it's possible the rings are stuck and a chemical decarboning process could free them. That should not be very expensive. IF you try to DIY follow the instructions, with some chemicals long isn't better. I have seen occasions where overnight became 36 hours and chemical corroded pistons.

Engine warning light?

Traction control light coming on either because there is a code or your driving style is engaging the traction control. Myself with my Eldo I made the traction control engage many different ways but consistently because I drove it like I stole it.