Cadillac Seville The Cadillac luxury combined with a performance sedan feel

DIC, Traction Control, Antilock issues!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 11:19 AM
Default DIC, Traction Control, Antilock issues!

I just recently bought a 95 STS and love the car. There are a few things that I need help with. The information center, dic and A/C control are blank. The controls for the A/C work fine but can't set the temp. I have ordered a replacement cluster and hope that will fix that problem but I have a antilock brake warning on and think that I have a traction control issue. The car seems to take off in second gear which through reading on this forum seems to indicate T/C issues. I am not sure where the control box is even to replace it. I pulled the shelf down in the trunk and found what looks like a missing control box for something. If you look into the trunk there is a empty spot on the deck with a connector hanging loose. Is this possible? I cant get codes because I have no dic. Please help!

Thanks,
Scott

Old 09-29-2008, 03:11 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: DIC, Traction Control, Antilock issues!

ORIGINAL: serpico

I just recently bought a 95 STS and love the car. There are a few things that I need help with. The information center, dic and A/C control are blank. The controls for the A/C work fine but can't set the temp. I have ordered a replacement cluster and hope that will fix that problem but I have a antilock brake warning on and think that I have a traction control issue. The car seems to take off in second gear which through reading on this forum seems to indicate T/C issues. I am not sure where the control box is even to replace it. I pulled the shelf down in the trunk and found what looks like a missing control box for something. If you look into the trunk there is a empty spot on the deck with a connector hanging loose. Is this possible? I cant get codes because I have no dic. Please help!

Thanks,
Scott
hopefully someone will chime in and help with details.
in the meantime, may i suggest that you chase a FACTORY SERVICE MANUAL?
you seem at easy with tools and car things.

these folks may have one and priced right.

http://stores.ebay.com/Factory-Shop-Manuals