Cadillac CTS The mid-sized sedan that has grown the popularity of the Cadillac brand with it's low price and sleek styling

2011 CTS Sedan and Coupe engine stall issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 06:14 AM
Default Cadillac CTS stalling - almos got in an accident

My uncle has owned this vehicle for a very long time, and I got it from him.
Apparently the stalling with not DTC's is normal.
The vehicle will stall while cruising to a stop light, while accelerating and while idling with no DTC's!!
This is ridiculous that Cadillac/GM are not coming out with a recall or something. It puts our life in danger.
Right now I have the vehicle in an independent shop, and im at over $750 diagnosis fees, and they can't tell nothing yet. The vehicle was serviced it's whole life at a Cadillac dealer, but we lost our confidence in them. Nowhere a solution throughout the whole internet on this issue. This is just ridiculous and dangerous!!

Old 02-29-2024, 07:28 AM
Default Engine stalling randomly

Originally Posted by steve88
My uncle has owned this vehicle for a very long time, and I got it from him.
Apparently the stalling with not DTC's is normal.
The vehicle will stall while cruising to a stop light, while accelerating and while idling with no DTC's!!
This is ridiculous that Cadillac/GM are not coming out with a recall or something. It puts our life in danger.
Right now I have the vehicle in an independent shop, and im at over $750 diagnosis fees, and they can't tell nothing yet. The vehicle was serviced it's whole life at a Cadillac dealer, but we lost our confidence in them. Nowhere a solution throughout the whole internet on this issue. This is just ridiculous and dangerous!!
I have a 2011 Cadillac CTS coupe. The car stalls randomly at different speeds at any given time. The car gets the check engine indication on the dash and right before it stalls the check engine light goes off. Once it has stalled it takes atleast 3-4 mins for it so start back up and then the cycle repeats itself. After the car has stalled the traction and stability control lights keep blinking. Somebody please help me with this issue as it is pretty dangerous to be on the road with a car that shuts off randomly.
​​​​