Cadillac CTS The mid-sized sedan that has grown the popularity of the Cadillac brand with it's low price and sleek styling

2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe Stalling

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 09:39 PM
Default 2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe Stalling

I have a a 2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe that I bpught brand new with 5 miles, at 28,000 miles the car stalled on me while driving. It was towed to the dealership and the ECM Unit was replaced. It was in the dealership for 7 days. My car was returned to me, and exactly one month later the car stalled on me while making a left turn with on coming traffic driving towards me. I was able to get the car to coast into the gas station. The car was in the dealership again for seven days and they could not find a problem. As scared as I was to drive the vehicle again GM insisted giving it back to me. After several months and after contacting the Michigan Attorney General's officte, GM decided to finally contact me. They figured five months later to have an engineer look at it. I for got to mention my battery had to be replaced after 30k miles. A month after an engineer looked at my car it stalled on me while driving, but this time i was able to record it with my phone and have OnStar run a diagnostics. To my surprise the car had multiple codes showing, and it's still in the dealership. I am fed up with how GM has handle my complaint and it is embarrassing living in South Florida in a ritzy area and having my American Made Cadillac towed away while people here are driving by in their Audis, Lexus, Acura or BMW vehicles. GM should be more embarrassed then myself as it's their product. Let alone they closed my case without notifying me.

Attached Thumbnails 2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe Stalling-20141108_130225.jpg  
Old 09-26-2017, 05:03 PM

I have a 2012 Cadillac CTS Wagon and i'm experiencing a semi rough idle when stopped and at start up, among a few other issues.

1. The AC is blowing hot air when stopped at a stop sign/light, but blowing cold air when the car is in motion. It seems that the AC also taxes the vehicles idle as well.

2. Yesterday, I was turning left at a light and the car lost Power Steering, Oil Pressure, and stalled out on me in the middle of the turn. I pulled into a parking lot and put the car into Park and turned the key off. Turned the car over and it started up without a hitch. It has not stalled again since.

From what i've read online, I've seen that the Power Steering Pressure Switch can cause issues with the vehicle stalling and idle speed. Im not sure if all of these issues are tied in with each other, but this has been weighing heavy on my mind the past 48 hours. Especially considering that i've only had the vehicle for a little over 1 month.

I will add- I upgraded the tires/wheels to 19" but there is no rubbing etc.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any advice/ input?