Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Can anyone help me? DMV driving handbook

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 08:36 AM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: Can anyone help me?

one more thing ..
if you like to do the cheers a lot, dont drive, call a cabbie.

In CA a single vioaltion will toss you in jail, get the car impounded and when it is all done and said, expect to be short between $2,000 and $3,500 in fines and fees. Much cheaper to hail a cab.

If you want to make it cheaper than a cab, buy AAA towing for about $60. Should you get plastered, call AAA and tell them the car broke down. Tow truck will come and take you and your car home.

I dont suspect a DWI violation is much cheaper anywhere in the States.

one more last thing?
where are you going?
tourist?
residential?
need any ideas "what to see, where to go?

sounds like you are landing in Miami and driving to Washigton?

lets us know. we be please to show the way.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:33 AM

ORIGINAL: willieturner

Hi, First of all, welcome to US, the country that is always on the move. It is good that you have an international driving license. Here we drive on the left side of the road. Do some webs search on traffic rules and signs so that you can be familiar with the rules of the road. If you want to get information regarding traffic lights, speed limit of car, speed cameras and the most important thing, which we all fear i.e. hidden cops who can catch you any where and that too red handed, have a look at http://www.trapster.com/rl/Trapster.php.It really gets you going on the roads with a confidence. Wish u a safe driving.

What state are you from that you guys drive on the left side of the road? I need to make sure I never go there. Thank you.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:38 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: 76eldoragtop

ORIGINAL: willieturner

Hi, First of all, welcome to US, the country that is always on the move. It is good that you have an international driving license. Here we drive on the left side of the road. Do some webs search on traffic rules and signs so that you can be familiar with the rules of the road. If you want to get information regarding traffic lights, speed limit of car, speed cameras and the most important thing, which we all fear i.e. hidden cops who can catch you any where and that too red handed, have a look at http://www.trapster.com/rl/Trapster.php.It really gets you going on the roads with a confidence. Wish u a safe driving.

What state are you from that you guys drive on the left side of the road? I need to make sure I never go there. Thank you.

That might be the state of Confusion.

Old 01-17-2008, 11:03 AM
Super Moderator

maybe he meant his other left ?

Old 01-18-2008, 09:02 AM
Tech Certified Members

ORIGINAL: G.A.R.Y.

Well, your profile shows Miami, Florida and your zip code is from the state of Washington. I would believe that the country of Florida would have the similar laws to the USA.

yea....whats up with that??? where is this dude.... i thought he was coming, not here........ does he want to know how to fly a plane too?

Old 01-18-2008, 09:53 AM
Tech Certified Members

i think he wants to enjoy America by driving coast to coast.