Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Auto Consolidation

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 07:09 PM
Default Auto Consolidation

My husband is after me to consolidate vehicles. I havean '03 Corvette and an '04 Cad SRX. I also have an '03 Avalanche that sits in the driveway but that's his fault. He drives a Silverado but takes the Avalanche when I'm not looking.

I'm thinking of trading the Corvette and the SRX for a new STS-V. Of course, I'd rather have an XLR-V but the $$$ are beyond my power to conceptualize. Believe the STS-V will fulfill the need for speed and beauty although the loss of a manual transmission is huge. The XLRs are fabulous but I'm not sure their horsepower is lofty enough after what I've been driving the last 30-odd years. The CTS-Vs are fantastic to drive but somewhat anonymous in appearance. Or, I'll just keep what I have. Neither of the former have 15K yet and the Av just hit 30K.

Thoughts and suggestions? Imports and Fords are off the table. This is a horsepower discussion.

Old 04-19-2007, 07:39 PM
Default RE: Auto Consolidation

.................................................. ......................................"WOW"....... .................................................. ................................

Old 04-19-2007, 08:47 PM
Super Moderator

that is not logical ..........

keep the Vette, trade in the Avalanche and the SRX for an Escalade ..
THAT, my lady, is a set of wheels...

of course, if additionally, you can also trade in the Vette for a new SUPERCHARGED Vette,
THAT, my lady, is a super set of superwheels ...

dont mind zinzin (hyperion) , he gets a bit emotional when it snows in MA
and his Allanté is stuck in the garage

ORIGINAL: iowavette

My husband is after me to consolidate vehicles. I havean '03 Corvette and an '04 Cad SRX. I also have an '03 Avalanche that sits in the driveway but that's his fault. He drives a Silverado but takes the Avalanche when I'm not looking.

I'm thinking of trading the Corvette and the SRX for a new STS-V. Of course, I'd rather have an XLR-V but the $$$ are beyond my power to conceptualize. Believe the STS-V will fulfill the need for speed and beauty although the loss of a manual transmission is huge. The XLRs are fabulous but I'm not sure their horsepower is lofty enough after what I've been driving the last 30-odd years. The CTS-Vs are fantastic to drive but somewhat anonymous in appearance. Or, I'll just keep what I have. Neither of the former have 15K yet and the Av just hit 30K.

Thoughts and suggestions? Imports and Fords are off the table. This is a horsepower discussion.

Old 04-19-2007, 10:04 PM
Super Moderator

For hp and price get the z06, manual tranny only, howevercoupe only. 505 hp before the tricking, the car is a beast. I believe the xlr-v will becoame just another car for you when the vette will be a driving experience everytime. I drove the sts-v and liked the car except I thought they could do a better job on the interior for the money. The vbette and the lade is a great combo IMO.

Good luck

Old 04-22-2007, 03:36 PM

Just hold out another year for the next gen CTS-V, if the rumors come true it should put some fear in the German "super sedans".

Old 04-26-2007, 07:25 PM

Thanks for the feedback, folks. There is an Escalade at Classic that has my name all over it. But, it's a Mexican 'Lade. Yes, an EXT. There's something about that profile I find very compelling.

On another note, did anyone see the roadtest, I think last year, either C&D or R&T. It was covering high horsepower luxury coupes. I bought it thinking there'd be a CTS-V included. They mentioned the CTS-V only to say it WASN'T included because it didn't count being merely a Cadillac hot rod. Good grief. That's why I've long since let those subscriptions run out. When Motor Trend brought in a foreign national to edit, I walked away from them as well. You can infer from his editorials he's here to educate we ignorant Americans. End of rant.

Old 04-27-2007, 04:11 AM
Super Moderator

i posted in the wrong thread, so i'm now doing aquote of it.

ORIGINAL: Stealth

IOW....

BTW, you have seen this "spy pic" ?
picture by Brenda Priddy,
Spied Car Photographer

reported as a 2008 Vette SS, 650hp (estimated)

[IMG]local://upfiles/2893/BF290F0E39664717A13A05E393C2E466.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-27-2007, 04:16 AM
Super Moderator

well, actually they didnt bring a foreign national. most of the car
magazines are owned by Europeans and they promote their
personal europa interest.

i wish we had a list of American car magazines
someone must have such a list.

a rant? barely if that ...

ORIGINAL: iowavette

Thanks for the feedback, folks. There is an Escalade at Classic that has my name all over it. But, it's a Mexican 'Lade. Yes, an EXT. There's something about that profile I find very compelling.

On another note, did anyone see the roadtest, I think last year, either C&D or R&T. It was covering high horsepower luxury coupes. I bought it thinking there'd be a CTS-V included. They mentioned the CTS-V only to say it WASN'T included because it didn't count being merely a Cadillac hot rod. Good grief. That's why I've long since let those subscriptions run out. When Motor Trend brought in a foreign national to edit, I walked away from them as well. You can infer from his editorials he's here to educate we ignorant Americans. End of rant.