Member Introduction New to the forum? Stop in and introduce yourself! If you have a tech question, check out the General Technical Section

caught the caddy bug

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2016, 01:50 AM
Default caught the caddy bug

Hello just thought id introduce my self and explain my caddy nourney. Im zack, 25 from michigan. My uncle has always had a cadillac or two, a coworker who ive become good friends with has had a 1990 cadillac sedan devile in a dark maroon with same color top and gold trim, along with same color leather interior. Its the v8 with 109k miles. It started running rough and he was in the process of buying a newer suburban, he parked the caddy at my house a week ago and borrowed my truck. After looking at it everyday this week, and him not having the room to keep it or time to try to sell it he made me an outstading offer as a friend. As of tomorrow i take ownership for a whopping 250 bucks. Its a beautiful car with the digital dash, only seen two winters, its a couronne edition and has the fender skirts, both of wich seem to be very uncommon. He also says he has somewhere a binder 4 inches thick of all service records since the day it was new. Sorry for the long thread, nusr thougbt id share my journey and see if i can find any more info on the couronnes and fender skirts on the sedan devilles.

Old 03-08-2016, 10:29 AM

Hi.
That sounds like a rare beast. Do you have any photos of it yet that you can post?

When I bought my 90 eldorado it was only running on 7 cylinders and it turned out to be that one of the rear spark plug wires had burned completely through on the exhaust manifold. I couldn't even see it from the top because it's quite cramped by the firewall there until I got under the car and looked up from underneath. Maybe worth a check on yours?