Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

95 deville engine caught fire and gm has a recall...

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 09:51 AM
Default 95 deville engine caught fire and gm has a recall...

... on the fuel rail.

i have a 1995 deville concours that burned to the ground last week.

i noticed smoke coming from under the hood, so i stopped and lifted the hood, the entire engine compartment burst into flames and even burnt my hair. i talked to a friend of mine, who is a mechcanic for ford, and told him that i have been experincing declining fuel economy and preformance over the past couple of weeks. i also explained where i saw fuel squirting out of the engine, fueling the fire. he said that it sounded like the fuel rail was leaking. i was searching the internet, and i found a recall(04014C) of 1995 to 1997 devilles to replace the nylon fuel rails because they crack and leak.

so here is my problem, i have had the caddy in for service at least twice to gm for service and they never mentioned this recall. now my engine is toast and i think they should pay for it, because of their recall and failure to notify me. i would like to know what u guys and gals think? do you agree or disagree? i wont take it personally if you disagree, but i would like to know why. thanks

PS: IF YOU HAVE A 1995 TO 1997 CADDY GET IT IN FOR RECALL SERVICE !!!! there is also an airbag recall, too...

http://www.arifleet.com/Recall.html

Old 06-16-2005, 07:53 PM
Administrator
Default RE: 95 deville engine caught fire and gm has a recall...

i would think about lawyering up..and going after them