Member Introduction New to the forum? Stop in and introduce yourself! If you have a tech question, check out the General Technical Section

Got bit by the Cadillac bug...bought two this week.

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 10:37 PM
Default Got bit by the Cadillac bug...bought two this week.

I've wanted an STS for a long time, for 10 or 15 years, but they were expensive then. My wife was due for an upgrade, and we went and drove an affordable '98 Bonneville SE that was a little rough, couldn't get a call returned on a Grand Prix GT (these were craigslist finds) and on the way home drove by an auto broker who had a '99 STS priced at $4999. We signed a deal for $4500, it's not perfect, has 116K, dark green, polished wheels.

In the course of searching for a car for her, I did find a guy who wanted $1500 for a '94 SLS that needed a steering rack. I brought it home today for $1100. It also needs a muffler or two. Sounds tough at first, then gets annoying. I really wanted an STS, but couldn't find any for that price. I don't like the column shift and the wheels are a little hokey, I might sell it after it's fixed and get an STS, but if I keep it it's gonna be a great cigar car. Nothing like smokin' a cigar in a Caddy. Dark red, not my favorite color, not as fast as the STS either, less horsepower and higher gearing slow it down, I suppose, but I think it'll smoke my '85 Camaro Z-28 with Tuned Port Injection.

I just found this site by searching for a Cadillac message board. I've been on all kinds of other vehicle message boards, like Jeep boards, Volvo boards, a few motorcycle brand-specific boards.

There are a couple of pictures of our two Caddies here:

http://kenhanawalt.spaces.live.com/P...x?_c02_owner=1

Old 10-28-2007, 12:07 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Got bit by the Cadillac bug...bought two this week.

Ken, glad you found us. Went to your homepage, nice pics. Also I have a lot of respect for you UPS guys. Lotta hours during the holidays. Teamsters I presume? We have a lady Allante owner here from Colorado, FOXPAWS, she's not to happy now with the world series.
Keep us posted on your projects.

G.A.R.Y.

Old 10-28-2007, 10:00 AM
Tech Certified Members

Your column shift seville is some what uncommon, it should have digital dash which was not availible in the floorshift models.Dealers where told not to try and swap in digital dash in place of analog cluster. There was no mention not to install the floorshift and related parts into a column shift car. If you found a 94 floorshift car with desent interior and trashed body, You could make yourself unique SLS

Old 10-29-2007, 09:44 AM

Welcome to the Cadillac Forum!!!

Old 10-29-2007, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: khanawalt
. Dark red, not my favorite color, not as fast as the STS either, less horsepower and higher gearing slow it down, I suppose, but I think it'll smoke my '85 Camaro Z-28 with Tuned Port Injection.
I think you will find that he SLS has more torque lower down in the rpm range although gearing is something like 3.11 vs. 3.71 for the STS. In fact I suggest it is the gears not the HP that make the car seem faster to you. In either case you have about a 7.5 second car 0-60 and those 85 Z28's rarely got close to 8 seconds.

Old 10-29-2007, 02:44 PM
Tech Certified Members

Check out member foxpaws and the economy super-blaster in the '93 Allante.

responding to the blog comment: "A subwoofer and some dubs might be just the ticket!"

Old 10-29-2007, 06:12 PM
Tech Certified Members

hot damn dude..... way to go......smoke it, you earned it........good luck........ welcome to the Forum!
rickyd