Cadillac Seville The Cadillac luxury combined with a performance sedan feel

Jus Bought a 98 SLS got a few small problems and questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 12:36 AM
Default Jus Bought a 98 SLS got a few small problems and questions

Hey guys im new to this forum and i just bought a 1998 Cadillac SLS it has the cd and tape in the deck and a cd changer in the arm rest and what i wanted to know is has anyone else noticed a sound quality difference between the dash cd player and cd changer because in mine when i play cds from the changer the sound is awsome but when i put a cd in the dash player the sound sucks and also my cupholder wont come out haha its one of those ones that u push and its supposed to pop out but it doesnt does andyone know how to fix this problem. thanks

Old 05-22-2006, 12:39 PM
Default RE: Jus Bought a 98 SLS got a few small problems and questions

Maybe your in-dash player needs cleaning?

Old 05-28-2006, 02:16 AM

O ok what would be the best way to clean the indash cd player

Old 05-30-2006, 07:17 PM

I think audio stores have cleaning CD's. Just go to any audio store that you might buy CD's/stereo equipment and see if they have something like that.

Old 06-29-2006, 09:07 PM

Congrats on your new purchase...I noticed the same thing with my 98 STS and I cleaned the cd player and it fixed the problem... If you've got the Bose system i was told to be careful as to what type of lens cleaner you use for the in dash CD Player... If you live in an area with a Best Buy store near you, they sell a great product... As for the cupholder, I didn't think my car hand any front seat cup holders, until I was rear-ended at 35mph by a blond on her cell phone in a jeep....It took that much force for it to pop out... I asked my mechanic at the dealership what caused it to get stuck and he said they can just get sticky sometimes.... A LITTLE force should get it open...Go from the top of the cup holder (under the armrest.) My New 04 STS it just pops out!

Good Luck!!!

Old 02-28-2007, 10:53 PM

had the same problem with my 2000 SLS with the cupholder... You could push it in, punch it, move it around, whatever, and it wouldn't open. What you need to do is remove the entire cupholder mechanism, it's not too hard, open the center console lid and remove the screws on the front and just fiddle with it. Once the thing is out bring it inside your house, and carefully take it apart. Usually dirt and other crap will ac***ulate and slow it down, so wash it out. You should be able to tell what the problem is by looking at it, whether the springs popped off or whatever, it might take an extra pair of hands to fix it, but it is definitley fixable.