General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiper motor?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 07:35 AM
Default Wiper motor?

Here is the deal, I have replaced the wiper motor on my 02 DTS and it took a month before I could get the part in. This was a month that the motor was out of the carand my memory is a little jostled. My question is there is a small hard plastic tube with a larger elbow that I'm not completely sure of it's function. It is not any part of the washer fluid hose because I have traced it from the reserevoir the the ends of the wipers. Nothing is missing and I believe this tube was connected to the hole near the mounting hole of the wiper motor, because this spot is clean on my old motor while everything else on it is dirty. So I'm prettty sure that is where the large elbow connected to the hard plastic tube goes. Now I just don't know wher the other end goes, if anywhere. There is no connector on it and nothing anywhere for it to connect to. My other motor went bad(the electronics) because there was washer fluid in it. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions. I now have the new motor in and working. Washer fluid comes out where it is supposed to and no sign of leaks anywhere else. Thanks for the help.

Old 05-08-2008, 02:12 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: Wiper motor?

ORIGINAL: r6racer2000

Here is the deal, I have replaced the wiper motor on my 02 DTS and it took a month before I could get the part in. This was a month that the motor was out of the carand my memory is a little jostled. My question is there is a small hard plastic tube with a larger elbow that I'm not completely sure of it's function. It is not any part of the washer fluid hose because I have traced it from the reserevoir the the ends of the wipers. Nothing is missing and I believe this tube was connected to the hole near the mounting hole of the wiper motor, because this spot is clean on my old motor while everything else on it is dirty. So I'm prettty sure that is where the large elbow connected to the hard plastic tube goes. Now I just don't know wher the other end goes, if anywhere. There is no connector on it and nothing anywhere for it to connect to. My other motor went bad(the electronics) because there was washer fluid in it. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions. I now have the new motor in and working. Washer fluid comes out where it is supposed to and no sign of leaks anywhere else. Thanks for the help.
I feel for you. When I take something apart and I dont tag it, I can count on having "extra parts" .. I got a box for such little items that I fear tossing out. I know the day I toss the part out, I will find out the car needs it or its worth a whole lot of $$$.