General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Have you tried using a Chinese version of the tech 2 scanner
Have you tried one?
100.00%
Did it resolve your problem?
100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Tech 2 Scanner

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2021, 09:29 PM
Angry Tech 2 Scanner

Is there anyone in the New Orleans, Southwest Mississippi area that has a GM Tech 2 Scanner that I can either borrow,rent, or otherwise get my hands on so that I can get my 2009 Cadillac Escalade Hybrid working again. The battery died and then I got a message on my dash that the Hybrid System needs Service. I really don't want to have it towed to the dealership to spend hours in labor for an inexperienced hybrid mechanic to get my car running again. If anyone knows if the chinese knockoffs of the scanner work would you let me know if you have tried on for a similar issue. I really appreciate any help with this. Over the years this forum has helped me a great deal. If I don't find one I guess I will be trying one of those knockoff scanners before having it towed to the dealership. Hopefully there is someone in the area with a scanner. Thank you. Oh I forgot to mention its current no crank, no start condition with the new battery.

Old 10-19-2021, 10:36 PM
Smile She is running again

My Tech2 scanner clone came in yesterday and after spending the day to figure out how to use it this thing along with my wife's prayers worked like a champ. I spent about 2 hours today going through everything and the only thing it came up with was a P0011 Bank i cam position sensor was throwing a current code. But like I said along with my wife's prayers I got it started just as soon as she said Amen I tried it again and it started right up after going through all the systems on the scanner to check for any other DTC codes and not finding any others than the P0011 code I mentioned earlier. But I really can not take any credit for fixing anything because all I did was clear the current code that came right back as soon as the engine started running again. But now if there is anyone else in the southwest Mississippi, New Orleans area that needs use of a Tech2 scanner to make their diagnosis I now have one. Just PM me and we will work something out.