General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Starting Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 09:37 PM
Default Starting Problem

I have a 1995 Cadillac Deville that will not start. I think it is a security problem because the engine will maybe crank once then i have no power. I disconnected the battery and connected it again and the power comes back and my interior lights come on. When i go to turn the key the same problem occurs. Does anyone know what this problem is? It has happened before but usually after a little bit my car will start and i will be fine for a few months.

Old 04-25-2009, 08:44 AM
Tech Certified Members

sounds like starter to me.... just a quick guess..... when it has started, have you noticed a drag... "slow start." this may not happen all the time, but on occasion...
do you know, has the starter been replaced? how many miles? and are there any CODES?
rickyd

Old 04-25-2009, 08:49 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mmayer

I have a 1995 Cadillac Deville that will not start. I think it is a security problem because the engine will maybe crank once then i have no power. I disconnected the battery and connected it again and the power comes back and my interior lights come on. When i go to turn the key the same problem occurs. Does anyone know what this problem is? It has happened before but usually after a little bit my car will start and i will be fine for a few months.
usually a security related issue wont let any cranking happen.
does the engine crank over AND fire up and then shut down?
does it crank and NOT fire up? how long did it crank for?

NOT enough details.

But it sounds like a bad battery connection or even a bad starter connection or even a dying battery.

Old 05-14-2009, 10:59 AM

Sorry it took me forever but the starter was replaced about 9 months ago. It won't crank at all i put the key in and turn it and the gauges light up then when i turn it more to start nothing at all and the gauges go out. It makes one beeping noise (similar to when the key is in and the doors are open). Then that is it. I disconnected the battery and hooked it back up and it started once but i haven't been able to get it to start again.

Old 05-14-2009, 11:05 AM
Tech Certified Members

ok................ battery!! try and jump it with another battery...........
yea, sounds as stealth said, i agree BATTERY.......BATTERY CONNECTION.....
rickyd

Old 05-14-2009, 10:51 PM
Tech Certified Members

Originally Posted by rickyd
ok................ battery!! try and jump it with another battery...........
yea, sounds as stealth said, i agree BATTERY.......BATTERY CONNECTION.....
rickyd

ditto ....

Old 05-15-2009, 07:49 AM

Go to www.AllExperts.com and talk to (Rob Painter) about pass key malfunction.He talked me through same problem with 92 Deville.I repaired it myself.rayo49.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:19 AM

alright thanks guys i will try a new battery. I tried jumping it today but nothing at all. I'll get a new one this weekend and try it.