General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 01:42 AM
Talking Newbie questions

Guys, Gals,
I am new to this forum so please forgive AND advise me if I am in the wrong section.
I have purchased Vettes in the past but am now going to be purchasing my first Cadillac in the next month or two.
I am getting a Thunder Gray Chromaflair, automatic, 2013 Cadilacc CTS-V Coupe with the Ebony/Saffron Leather seating, Sapele Wood, sunroof, yellow brembos, and the Black Satin Graphite wheels.

I have a couple questions.
1. I had beutiful sounding Kooks headers with Corsa Sport Exhaust with hi flow cats on my last Vette. I also had other after market additions but I do not want that loud an exhaust on the caddy. So I figured I would get the Corsa Axle back exhaust on the new Caddy with a nice Callaway Cold Air Intake.
Does anyone have any experiience with these additions and if so how did you like them.

2. The 2012 CTS-V Coupe came with a 373 rear end gear on the standard 6 speed clutch trans and a 323 rear gear on the automatic car.
It's my guess they will do the same for the 2013 model.

My question is this. If I had a reputable speed shop remove the standard 323 rear gear on the automatic I'm getting and have them install the same GM 373 gear in my automatic car, would that be a viable and safe thing to do in this context:
I do not want ANY problems with the CPU in the car, or any problems with the electronics in the automatic trans or any other Logorithmic or computer issues to occur because I "went out of the standard gear".
Do you think this could pose any shifting problems or any issues with the Traction Control system, etc.?

I just want a little extra OOMPH in the car. Nothing outlandish or too racy. Just a little extra power.
Of course the car would be dyno'd before and after these three things would be done so I would know where I started and what i gained to the wheels on the street.

ANY help with these issuese would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance for any guidance or ideas!
Fran
note, This Fran is a guy Fran and not the girl Fran! LOL!

Old 05-18-2012, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Fran F.
Guys, Gals,
I am new to this forum so please forgive AND advise me if I am in the wrong section.
I have purchased Vettes in the past but am now going to be purchasing my first Cadillac in the next month or two.
I am getting a Thunder Gray Chromaflair, automatic, 2013 Cadilacc CTS-V Coupe with the Ebony/Saffron Leather seating, Sapele Wood, sunroof, yellow brembos, and the Black Satin Graphite wheels.

I have a couple questions.
1. I had beutiful sounding Kooks headers with Corsa Sport Exhaust with hi flow cats on my last Vette. I also had other after market additions but I do not want that loud an exhaust on the caddy. So I figured I would get the Corsa Axle back exhaust on the new Caddy with a nice Callaway Cold Air Intake.
Does anyone have any experiience with these additions and if so how did you like them.

2. The 2012 CTS-V Coupe came with a 373 rear end gear on the standard 6 speed clutch trans and a 323 rear gear on the automatic car.
It's my guess they will do the same for the 2013 model.

My question is this. If I had a reputable speed shop remove the standard 323 rear gear on the automatic I'm getting and have them install the same GM 373 gear in my automatic car, would that be a viable and safe thing to do in this context:
I do not want ANY problems with the CPU in the car, or any problems with the electronics in the automatic trans or any other Logorithmic or computer issues to occur because I "went out of the standard gear".
Do you think this could pose any shifting problems or any issues with the Traction Control system, etc.?

I just want a little extra OOMPH in the car. Nothing outlandish or too racy. Just a little extra power.
Of course the car would be dyno'd before and after these three things would be done so I would know where I started and what i gained to the wheels on the street.

ANY help with these issuese would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance for any guidance or ideas!
Fran
note, This Fran is a guy Fran and not the girl Fran! LOL!
Congratulations on your new Cadillac CTS-V Coupe!!!

Please keep in mind, modifications performed to the vehicle could potentially void part or all of the new vehicle manufacturer's warranty. If the modifications are proven to be the culprit of factory parts malfunctioning, this could be at your cost to repair since it was not a defect. This is just an example.

I hope you have a great time with your new Cadillac.

Michelle, Cadillac Customer Service

Old 05-20-2012, 12:05 AM
Wink

Michelle,
Thanks much for the information as I have heard of this happening to more than a few owners of stock cars that have had modifications done to the.
Specifically on three of the modificatons and your knowledge, I wonder if I had the Cadillac dealer do the modifications to my car. Would that take care of any possibility of losing certain Warranty problems?
I would imagine that the Axle back Corsa exhaust system would not void any warranty issues. My son purchased a Camaro last summer and the Dealer he got the car from installed a Corsa Sport exhaust stystem without hi flow catalitic converters or aftermarket headers. He has proof that he has not lost ANY warranty issues that may come up.
I would believe also that if they installed the callaway Cold Air Intake, it would also not void future warranty issues.
The only thing I have any doubts about is the 3.73 gear I want put in the automatic Cadillac with paddle shifters. I'm wondering if they believe there could be computer isues and the like by doing this.
However, if I had the dealer install these items do you think that my warranty would stay in tact?
Thanks in advance for any help in these questons.
I will of course ask the dealer before I get the car all of these questions. But I figured as you are a Cadillac customer service empoyee, you may know the answer to these questions.
Again, thank you for taking the timeto help me get on the right track.
Best regards,
Fran F.

Old 11-05-2012, 04:02 AM

Hi everyone today join this forum and i want to say about your topic want to say that if anyone here which need wood fence service than contact with us we have a company which provide all type of wood fence at cheap rate we done your project within your given time limit and we satisfied our customer's as they want we provide excellent services to our customer as they need we provide...

Old 11-07-2012, 08:44 PM

I will of course ask the dealer before I get the car all of these questions. But I figured as you are a Cadillac customer service empoyee, you may know the answer to these questions.

Old 11-08-2012, 01:55 PM

@OlimpiaMarks, I apologize for my confusion. What questions are you inquiring about?

Michelle, Cadillac Customer Service