General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'96 DeVille Won't Start

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 08:06 AM
Default RE: '96 DeVille Won't Start

ORIGINAL: slowroll

You asked, I answered. You don't like the answer,Oh well. If looked at your car.You would have found jumper harness connector for starter, at front of rear cam cover. Buy a FSM.

Yes you did answer..and incorrectly at that. The "S" ternimal on the starter you stated. Well the Jumper Harness is not the "S" terminal; but leads to the terminal.

Your answer indicated to check at the starter itself. Be more clear in the future.

And JFYI..I have a set on order. And did you ever think of maybe just possibly sharing info with others on the forum, not myself exactly, but maybe others not as fortunate enough to have a FSM, or maybe someone just needs a simple diagram and doesnt want to order the whole FSM.

Old 02-03-2008, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: DocHemi

ORIGINAL: slowroll

You asked, I answered. You don't like the answer,Oh well. If looked at your car.You would have found jumper harness connector for starter, at front of rear cam cover. Buy a FSM.

Yes you did answer..and incorrectly at that. The "S" ternimal on the starter you stated. Well the Jumper Harness is not the "S" terminal; but leads to the terminal.

Your answer indicated to check at the starter itself. Be more clear in the future.

And JFYI..I have a set on order. And did you ever think of maybe just possibly sharing info with others on the forum, not myself exactly, but maybe others not as fortunate enough to have a FSM, or maybe someone just needs a simple diagram and doesnt want to order the whole FSM.

Sean
There is loads of info shared on this site without having to have an FSM. Most of the info given out here seems to be geared towards those who have been told something by dearler/mechanic and looking for second opinion. Some of the info, if you look around is for people doing/ or trying to do their own work. I gotta tell ya I advise everyone wanting to do their own work to have an FSM. Not knowing your particular situation it wasn't BAD advice.

Many questions have been asked over and over again during a period of time and can getmonotonous at times and usually with no thanks. We are in the process of trying to build on the faq which is free to everyone member or not so that many questions can be answered with a simple search and read.

It ain't perfect, but we have a pretty good crowd here and no one is getting paid. It took a minute to get there, but when it was all said and done you had an answer.

Good luck with your project, and hope to see ya around our forum.

Any questions regarding techs or the site please feel free to pm stealth or g.a.r.y anytime.

Old 02-04-2008, 09:01 AM

SLOWROLL.......DUDE WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM????

ONE I DID LOOK
TWO THERE ARE LOTS OF WIRES...SORRY GM SAW FIT TO ANOY YOU AND NOT MAKE ANY WIRES SO PEOPLE WOULD ASK
THREE I JUST LOOKED IN A FSM...AND IT SURE DOESN'T SAY REMOVE INTAKE AND CHECK AT "S" TERMINAL AS A DIAGNOSIS.
FOURTH I WONT SAY WAHT I'D LIKE TO CALL YOU HERE, BUT SUFFICING TO SAY YOU ARE A REAL JERK