General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

94' Cadillac El Dorado Touring Coupe - Won't Start!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 05:30 PM
Default 94' Cadillac El Dorado Touring Coupe - Won't Start!

I bought this car last year from a private seller. It has quite a few miles on it but is gorgeous and DID run good. When I first bought it, got it home and had to replace the Fuel pump, then it was all fine. I live way out in the country and so I couldn't drive it during the winter, it had to stay parked, mostly cause of the terrible roads, but somewhere in the middle of all the snow storms my hubby killed the battery on it by leaving the hood or something open, but we figured it was easily fixable and didn't worry about it till it got nice out again and we bought a used battery and tried starting it, no go, it just made a fast clicking noise, didn't turn over but all the lights, interior and dash came alive, so we figured it needed a new battery, so we bought a brand new one and tried that, made no clicking noise, it didn't make a single sound. We were told it could be the starter, so we took it off and had the starter and cylanoid tested at an Auto place, they told us its fine and still good. Now we're stumped, not sure what else it could be, any help would be greatly appreciated, or just point us in helpful direction. Thanks guys!!

Old 09-24-2010, 06:33 PM
Tech Certified Members

battery cable corrosion is not uncommon, not just terminals, the wire itself.also check where ground cable attaches to engine.