General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 Deville issue with INTERIOR LIGHTS

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 08:57 PM

Is it safe to short the cables together?

Old 04-03-2009, 01:05 AM
Tech Certified Members

I believe what slowroll means is:
disconnect the battery, both leads,
then touch the cables together.

That is equivalent to pressing REBOOT/reset on your home computer.

do not short while battery is connected.

Old 04-03-2009, 08:28 AM
Tech Certified Members

Originally Posted by Cadillac Al
My exterior lights work. The only "issue" that I have with the exterior lights is that they shut off immediately if I use the remote to unlock the doors the open a door. What I mean is that the exterior lights (Head lights and tail lights) come on when I use the remote at night in the dark. As soon as I open a door, they immediately shut off.
thats normal..... when you press unlock remote, exterior lights come on so to light your way into the car. as soon as you open the door the exterior lights WILL go off.
rickyd

Old 04-03-2009, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by rickyd
thats normal..... when you press unlock remote, exterior lights come on so to light your way into the car. as soon as you open the door the exterior lights WILL go off.
rickyd
Well, there's a lady that has the same car as mine except it's tan and her lights stay on even after she opens her door. I don't know the lady but she works in the same industrial park as I do. She uses her remote to unlock the doors and her lights come on and they do stay on after she gets in. ??? Also, I notice her lower door light (puddle ligts) are on when she opens the door. Mine will never turn on.

Old 04-03-2009, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by stomper
I believe what slowroll means is:
disconnect the battery, both leads,
then touch the cables together.

That is equivalent to pressing REBOOT/reset on your home computer.

do not short while battery is connected.
Oh yeah, that';s what I thought he ment. I just didn't now if there would be an issue with doing this since the system will be charged and you would be shorting it directly to ground.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:54 AM

I ended up getting a service manual from ebay. Man, without a Tech 2 diagnostics tool, were pretty much out of luch finding the problem. There's a bunch of things that may be causing the problem. May even be the rear integration module. I looked everywhere on line and can't seem to fing any real info on one or where one can be bought. I'm not planning on buying one but I was just curius to see how much one would cost to replace.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:07 AM
Tech Certified Members

cadillac al..... in your personal settings, is there a way to add time to "exterior lights on when unlock?" as there is like when you shut the car down, you can time lights to stay.... like up to 30 seconds.
rickyd

Old 05-29-2009, 08:37 AM

So my Seville has the same issues going on right now. I don't have puddle lights, but yeah. I open the door at night, and no lights. I can turn them on by twisting the **** though. I can unlock the car with the fob, and *most* of the time the interior lights will grace me with their presence. I don't know what twilight is for, but that slider does nothing no matter where its set. I have no dash lights/gauge lights/climate control lights/radio lights at all ever. Previous owner says that this started the very day that he noticed the code for the dead key fob battery. Ever since then, its not been happy. I cleared the code, and crossed my fingers in hope for dash lights... No dice. I hate to do it, but I am going to give "Mary Jane" her good reset today, and see what happens tonight. I will report my findings, but I do not expect much....

Old 05-29-2009, 10:55 AM
Tech Certified Members

the slider is used, i believe to lenghten, or shorten the time your headlamps remain on after you shut down and exit the vehicle. if it doesn't do that, then possible the slider is in-op and needs replaced. or, the slider is not connected properly... hope it helps
rickyd

Old 06-01-2009, 11:14 PM

yes if the slider is bad it may be causing the problem, possibly, do you have a sunroof? any leaks? any previous leaks that you know of? I only think of this because currently my sunroof is slightly leaking and water has somehow ran down the pillar and is shorting out my trunk/gas switch.(causing them to randomly open on own) so water could have easily done this in the past and its never been right since. just a possibility.