Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

2004 cadillac Deville interior light problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 10:28 AM
Default 2004 cadillac Deville interior light problem

Hi guys. I'm going crazy here! My interior lights don't turn on when I open the door or lock/unlock the doors. Even when I move the interior light switch all the way over, they don't come on. I just finished checking every fuse in both the fuse boxes and there all good. Any ideas?? The map lights do all turn on if I manually push everyone.I looked around on line and one sugestion I found was to check the fuses. Like I said above, there all good. Also, the lights at the bottom of the door should also light when the lights are on and the doors are open but they don't come on either. I read somewhere that the intrior lights won't come on when it's not dark. Is this true? Anyway, my never auto turn on. I noticed ita few weeks ago whenmy wife and I got into my car in a very dark parking lot and the lights wouldn't come on. The only ones thatcame on when I used my remote to unlock the doors were thecontrols for thePower doors, Power windows, seat heat/colloing and the stearing wheel controls. I had to turn on my driver side map light to see the ignition. Please help me guys! Thanks.

Old 10-12-2008, 09:34 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 2004 cadillac Deville interior light problem

Tough one without seeing the car but there is a switch at each door that is spring loaded and when the door is opened the switch closes the circuit. My suggestion is to look at that switch and see if it is stuck in the open circuit position or even broken. Try the drivers door first since it is used more. They are usually black but may be colour keyed and are a plunger type switch, should be in the door jam or side of dash.

Old 03-10-2009, 08:58 AM

I'm thinking the door switches are good because they do seem to funtion. I mean, when I open the door, it does do something. If I'm in the car, when I open the door, the radio will turn off. Also, If I remotly open the door in the dark, the headlightss gfo out when I open the doors.