General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 Deville issue with INTERIOR LIGHTS

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 01:14 PM
Default 2004 Deville issue with INTERIOR LIGHTS

Originally Posted by 5150johnny
Hello all....this morning fired up the 02 seville and noticed the exterior light were not on..only daytime lights..opened the door and no interior lights went on....manually turned the lights on and the exterior lights went on, but no interior with the door open. was able to manually turn the overhead lights on by pushing the switch....also with the exterior lights on manually the interior stereo, heat/ac controls button lights did not work....checked all the fuses all look good....coudl it be the twilight switch? the dimmer dial does not work also.....
Man, I'm having the same exact problem as you are. I posted two different times but no help was given. I checked for codes and they're were none I checked every fuse three different times and they are all good. I even checked all the relays. I'm going crazy with tghis problem. PLEASE let us know if you find a solution. I'll do the same. Good luck!

Old 03-27-2009, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by 5150johnny
at night i have no radio button lights....window button lights....no interior lights when i open the door...and the dimmer does not work....also i have to manually put the lights on...i also swapped out the light switch with another one and same results....
Does the Seville have the lower door lights (puddle lights) like the Deville? If so, do yours work? I'm having 90% of the same issues your having and I'm going crazy trying to figure it out. My dimmer switch will dim the lights but if I put it all the way to the "on" postion, the map lights don't turn on.

Old 03-27-2009, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by rickyd
how about at night? do the lights (all) work at night properly?
rickyd
Rickyd, I'm having very similar problems to what 5150johnny is having. My light sensor seems to work. Meaning, when it's dark out, my head lights will auto turn on. Also the interior lights (door switches,window switches and heated/cooled seat switches light up. The door switches seem to be ok because when I open a door, I get the security light and if I open a door after I remove the key from the ignition while the radio is still on, the radio goes off after I open a door. I've tried everything that was sugested to me and can't find a fix. I was almost happy in a way when I saw 5150johnny post because I thought maybe someone could help him or he would fix his problem and share the fix.

Old 03-28-2009, 01:45 PM
Tech Certified Members

im at a lose..... i'll see if slowroll can jump back into this post and maybe he'll have a glue what the hay is goin on
rickyd

Old 03-28-2009, 08:45 PM
Tech Certified Members

what year is your car?

Old 03-29-2009, 08:01 AM
Tech Certified Members

Originally Posted by slowroll
what year is your car?
slaowroll

"5150johnny" has a 02 seville, "cadillac al" has a deville but cant find the year

Old 03-29-2009, 08:12 PM

5150johnny with courtesy lights - is switch in overhead console in off, auto, or on. Since you have some access to Tech2 - what does Twilight Photocell data read in IPM. If you are not get Headlights Suggested - message photocell maybe skewed - telling modules it's daylight. photocell data should change with light, on sunny day cover photo cell, wait 30 sec.,and see what data is, then uncover, wait 30sec.,and see what it reads. If data changes - post what reading are, if it doesn't or very little - sensor or connections to are where to look. Cadillac Al refresh me to what year and model Deville.
Hi Slowroll, my Deville is a 2004. I would be greatful for any help you may offer me. Here is a quick recap of my problems and what I'm experiencing:

The lower door lights (puddle lights) never turn on.

When I open the doors in the dark, the interior lights don't turn on. Only the door unlock, power window and heated/cooled seat lights light up.

I can manually turn on the map lights and rear map lights with the push button for each light. My dash/radio/climate control lights dim if I use the dimmer control but none of the map lights turn on when I move the control all the way over like they should.

When I use my remote to unlock the doors in the dark, the outside lights turn off as soon as I open a door and the interior light, map lights etc. don't turn on.

I'm assuming my door switches are good because if I turn off the car while the radio is on, the radio shuts off when I open a door. Also like I mentioned above, the outside lights turn off when I open the doors.

I don't think I'm forgetting anything. My trunk lights and glove box lights both work. I checked all the fuses and the relays that are associated with the interior lights. Again, please help me if you can. Thanks a million.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:07 PM
Super Moderator
Old 04-02-2009, 07:54 PM
Tech Certified Members

Try disconnecting battery touching cables together to reboot/reset modules. Are you losing exterior lights also except in manual operation? STS and Devilles are little different as how they make things work.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:56 PM

Try disconnecting battery touching cables together to reboot/reset modules. Are you losing exterior lights also except in manual operation? STS and Devilles are little different as how they make things work.
My exterior lights work. The only "issue" that I have with the exterior lights is that they shut off immediately if I use the remote to unlock the doors the open a door. What I mean is that the exterior lights (Head lights and tail lights) come on when I use the remote at night in the dark. As soon as I open a door, they immediately shut off.

Quick Reply: 2004 Deville issue with INTERIOR LIGHTS