General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2003 CTS electrical problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by nosgsvette
I have a 2003 Cadillac CTS 3.2 5 speed .Ive had several issues with my this car sence new. From windows and sunroof opening and closeing on their own, the stability control system always engageing while driveing down the highway jerking the car one way or the other and Im on my 4th battery @$210 a pop.. While these problems still exist my new problem has had the car parked for 8 months. While driving down the highway about 70 the car completly blacked out, car stalled and I managed to get it off the road safely. After sitting on the side of the road for about a half hour, everthing popped back up like nothing had happened. I started the car back up and continued to work. The next day the same thing. The following day was a little different, this time everthing started shutting down one at a time. First was the gas gauge to empty, then the radio amp went out, then the tach and speedo, the windows and door locks then the radio display screen, all which would turn off and on but the car stayed running. I got to work, shut the car off and restarted it and every thing was back to normal. That night i took the car to a cadillac dealer to have it scanned. He told me that there was a loss of communication and codes to all the different modules or computors. He said he had seen this befor and said the ignition switch was faulty causing it to lose power. So he installed the ignition switch cleared the codes and all was fine. I got home, parked it for the night. The next day drove to work everything fine, went to leave work, everything blacked out again, no start. Hasnt started sence. I finely saved up enough money to bring it back to the dealer to have it fixed, it had been there two weeks a they have no clue whats wrong. So they tried a new ECM @$410 and still nothing, everything is still dead.. please help
When youve finally solved this, PLEASE post how you did so. I will definitely be watching this thread.