Member Introduction New to the forum? Stop in and introduce yourself! If you have a tech question, check out the General Technical Section

2003 Caddy DTS Electrical Problems!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 04:41 PM
Default 2003 Caddy DTS Electrical Problems!!!

Hi Folks,
I bought a used certified preowned 2003 caddy DTS. I have had numerous problems with the electrical system. Has any one had the same experience? If so what did you do to resolve it. I called a lawyer today and he asked for all the papers. Has any one been through this? I lave the car but I have had it for just about 8 months and since 6 months it has been in the dealership every two weeks for electrical problems.

Thanks.

John

Old 10-26-2007, 05:08 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: 2003 Caddy DTS Electrical Problems!!!

Hey John: At least explain the problems your having so we know what it is your dealing with. You know the being on the same page thing.

Old 10-26-2007, 07:17 PM
Tech Certified Members

johnh.......welcome to the Forum........ sorry to hear about your E-Ghosts....... 1st, have you been to Member Introduction??..... it helps the Forum get to know bout you and your vehicle a little better.... spec, if you need some help....... anyway, great bunch here to assist........
for me to help..... what state are you from? what state did you buy the vehicle in? what is the warranty? how many miles on the car at purchase? what has the dealer explained to you?
forbrougham1, and the Forum to help..... what exactly is the problem? what does it effect, and when?...
what has the dealer done?
again welcome to the Forum................................
rickyd

Old 10-27-2007, 07:20 AM

The problem I am having is the Service Electrical System Light continues to come on. The Brake System Light is always going on and the Stabilizer Light is always coming on. I live in Chambersburg, Pa. The dealer has tried to fix this issue but can't. They said because it was a used car I an just STUCK that the lemmon law does not applie to me. When I spoke to the lawyer they disagree... and thats where I am at. I am waiting to hear from the attorney as to how to proceed. I bought the car from Jennings in Chambersburg, Pa with 25.000 Miles on it in March 07 and it currently has 29000. It is a certified PreOwned with 100000 mile warranty I am really discusted and am a very "squeaky wheel". Right now I would like to speak to anyone who has had the same problem and maybe the attorney they have used to speak to mine. I can be contaced at my email at jhopkins@officer.com
I will go to Member Introduction. Thanks for responding back to my Post.
John

Old 10-27-2007, 09:23 AM
Tech Certified Members

If you have not contacted Cadillac customer assistance do so, request meeting with AVM. Request his help to find dealer who will fix it. Under Cadillac warranty you are entitled to rental on the drop for warranty concerns. 20+ years ago I worked at Olds dealer where rep sent cars from 100s of miles away to get fixed, and the owners got rentals while we did it. As techs weren't thrilled about it, because we knew they past by other Olds dealers on their way to us, but we still fixed thier cars.